Former NBA star charged after head-on crash
06/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Georgia – Former NBA star Daron “Mookie” Blaylock has been charged with vehicular homicide following a crash. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), authorities announced the charges Monday in connection with the fatal head-on crash in which 43-year-old Monica Murphy was killed on Friday.
Blaylock, 46, reportedly struck the van Murphy was riding in after his SUV crossed into another lane. He has also been charged with failure to maintain his lane and driving with a suspended license.
Blaylock was reported to be in fair condition Monday after initially being on life support at the Atlanta Medical Center.
An investigation into the cause of the crash is ongoing.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Georgia legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man arrested on DUI suspicion after Jennifer Lopez crash
- Actress arrested for DUI suspicion while on probation
- High court meets to consider taking cases related to state gay marriage bans
- Judge delays BP oil spill medical claims ruling
- Satanist group wants materials passed out in schools
- Rancher says no proof cow linked to freeway accident was his
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment