Former NBA star charged after head-on crash
06/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Georgia – Former NBA star Daron “Mookie” Blaylock has been charged with vehicular homicide following a crash. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), authorities announced the charges Monday in connection with the fatal head-on crash in which 43-year-old Monica Murphy was killed on Friday.
Blaylock, 46, reportedly struck the van Murphy was riding in after his SUV crossed into another lane. He has also been charged with failure to maintain his lane and driving with a suspended license.
Blaylock was reported to be in fair condition Monday after initially being on life support at the Atlanta Medical Center.
An investigation into the cause of the crash is ongoing.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Georgia legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks
- Ebola patient’s boyfriend, dog placed in isolation
- Atheist jailed for parole violation wins settlement over religious objections
- City of Houston demands sermons from pastors
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results