CPSC, Teavana Recalls Glass Tea Tumblers for Laceration and Burn Hazards
06/06/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Teavana have voluntarily recalled Teavana glass tea tumblers for laceration and burn hazards posed to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on May 30, 2013.
The tea tumblers were recalled after discovering that the glass tea tumblers can break or shatter unexpectedly, which poses laceration and burn hazards to consumers.
“The glass tea tumblers are double-walled beverage glasses. Most models have removable stainless steel tea infuser baskets, removable lids, and ornamental etchings on the inner wall. The tumblers were packaged in color-coordinated cylindrical packages with the SKU number and UPC code found on a sticker on the bottom of the package. Some of the models with a lid were sold as part of a tea gift set. Only one model was sold without a lid or tea infuser basket and was sold in a set of four glasses. The products come in the following model names,” the CPSC reported.
The full list of SKU/product codes and UPC codes can be found at: http://cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Teavana-Recalls-Glass-Tea-Tumblers/
Teavana has received 302 reports of the glass breaking or shattering. There were six reports of lacerations and burns when the tumblers broke during use.
Consumers are advised to return them to a Teavana store location (except for three stores; Columbia Mall, Columbia, Maryland; Dallas Fort Worth Airport, Arlington, Texas; or Galleria Mall, Fort Lauderdale, Florida) for a free replacement metallic tea tumbler and a complimentary 2 oz. package of Opus Rouge Rooibos Tea
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact Teavana toll-free at (877) 261-1509 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday (or other times to leave a message), or visit the firm’s website at www.Teavana.com, and click on “Glass Tumbler Recall” for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City
- How Do I Know If I am a Victim of Medical Malpractice?