Florida teacher dismissed after lying about having terminal illness
05/31/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – An elementary school teacher in Florida was suspended after lying about having a terminal illness. As reported by ABC News, Ashley Barker, a teacher at the Laurel Elementary school in the Polk County School District, reportedly received a letter from the district stating she would be recommended for termination due to the deception.
Barker purported that both she and her father had terminal conditions so that she could take time off of work. Assistant Superintendent Dennis Dunn is quoted in the report as writing in the termination letter, “It was later discovered that you and your father were not ill and that you had lied in the emails.”
Barker is reportedly appealing the decision of the board.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping
- Driver charged in wedding day crash that killed Ohio man
- Former OPD chief testifies in gender-discrimination lawsuit
- Mariska Hartigay praises funding for rape kit testing
- Lyft allows employers to pick up tab for employee rides
- Agreement reached between Amazon and Hachette
- Woman claims singer’s voice gives her seizures
- Window washers saved after dangling from One World Trade Center
- Age of mother affects child’s performance at school