Florida teacher dismissed after lying about having terminal illness
05/31/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – An elementary school teacher in Florida was suspended after lying about having a terminal illness. As reported by ABC News, Ashley Barker, a teacher at the Laurel Elementary school in the Polk County School District, reportedly received a letter from the district stating she would be recommended for termination due to the deception.
Barker purported that both she and her father had terminal conditions so that she could take time off of work. Assistant Superintendent Dennis Dunn is quoted in the report as writing in the termination letter, “It was later discovered that you and your father were not ill and that you had lied in the emails.”
Barker is reportedly appealing the decision of the board.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Atheist jailed for parole violation wins settlement over religious objections
- City of Houston demands sermons from pastors
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results
- Charges filed against man in overdose of 9-year-old
- Phaedra Parks opens up about divorce, addresses rumors
- Marshawn Lynch accuser charged with making a false statement
- Human remains found on property of missing woman’s daughter