Florida teacher dismissed after lying about having terminal illness
05/31/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – An elementary school teacher in Florida was suspended after lying about having a terminal illness. As reported by ABC News, Ashley Barker, a teacher at the Laurel Elementary school in the Polk County School District, reportedly received a letter from the district stating she would be recommended for termination due to the deception.
Barker purported that both she and her father had terminal conditions so that she could take time off of work. Assistant Superintendent Dennis Dunn is quoted in the report as writing in the termination letter, “It was later discovered that you and your father were not ill and that you had lied in the emails.”
Barker is reportedly appealing the decision of the board.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’