Florida teacher dismissed after lying about having terminal illness
05/31/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – An elementary school teacher in Florida was suspended after lying about having a terminal illness. As reported by ABC News, Ashley Barker, a teacher at the Laurel Elementary school in the Polk County School District, reportedly received a letter from the district stating she would be recommended for termination due to the deception.
Barker purported that both she and her father had terminal conditions so that she could take time off of work. Assistant Superintendent Dennis Dunn is quoted in the report as writing in the termination letter, “It was later discovered that you and your father were not ill and that you had lied in the emails.”
Barker is reportedly appealing the decision of the board.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment