Florida teacher dismissed after lying about having terminal illness
05/31/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – An elementary school teacher in Florida was suspended after lying about having a terminal illness. As reported by ABC News, Ashley Barker, a teacher at the Laurel Elementary school in the Polk County School District, reportedly received a letter from the district stating she would be recommended for termination due to the deception.
Barker purported that both she and her father had terminal conditions so that she could take time off of work. Assistant Superintendent Dennis Dunn is quoted in the report as writing in the termination letter, “It was later discovered that you and your father were not ill and that you had lied in the emails.”
Barker is reportedly appealing the decision of the board.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult