Ill woman not allowed abortion, El Salvador court rules
05/29/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
El Salvador – The Supreme Court of El Salvador has determined that a woman suffering from health complications cannot terminate her pregnancy. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the court ruled against allowing an abortion for the 22-year-old woman, who is stated to be suffering from lupus and kidney failure, despite the fetus having been given no chance of survival by medical experts.
All abortions in El Salvador are prohibited by law, even if there is a threat to the health of the woman. Medical experts have stated there are health risks for the woman if she continues with the pregnancy.
As noted in the report, the fetus is reportedly developing with one brain stem, which is a condition referred to as anencephaly.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping