Ill woman not allowed abortion, El Salvador court rules
05/29/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
El Salvador – The Supreme Court of El Salvador has determined that a woman suffering from health complications cannot terminate her pregnancy. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the court ruled against allowing an abortion for the 22-year-old woman, who is stated to be suffering from lupus and kidney failure, despite the fetus having been given no chance of survival by medical experts.
All abortions in El Salvador are prohibited by law, even if there is a threat to the health of the woman. Medical experts have stated there are health risks for the woman if she continues with the pregnancy.
As noted in the report, the fetus is reportedly developing with one brain stem, which is a condition referred to as anencephaly.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams
- Ann Curry to part with NBC News