Toro® Z Master® Riding Mowers Recalled For Fire Hazards
05/17/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Toro have voluntarily recalled Toro® Z Master® Riding Mowers because of fire hazards posed by the mower. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on May 9, 2013.
The riding lawn mowers were recalled after discovering that the idler pulley can rub against the mower’s fuel tank, posing a fire hazard.
“This recall involves 2012 and 2013 Toro Z Master Commercial 2000 Series ZRT riding mowers. The mowers are red and black. ‘Toro’ and ‘2000 Series’ are printed on the side and ‘Z Master Commercial’ on the front of the mowers. When viewed from the operator’s seat, the model and serial numbers are on a metal plate located at the front of the mower, below the seat, on the right-hand side. The following models and corresponding serial numbers are included in this recall: model number 74141 with serial numbers ranging from 312000101 to 312000784 and 313000101 to 313000364; model number 74143 with serial numbers ranging from 312000101 to 312000881 and 313000101 to 313000432; and model number 74145 with serial numbers ranging from 312000101 to 312001178 and 313000101 to 313000443,” the CPSC reported.
There has been no reports of injuries as a result of the defect.
Consumers are advised to contact a Toro dealer to schedule a free repair and/or to check if the repair has already been made to the mower. All registered owners of the recalled mowers have been notified.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Toro; toll-free at (855) 493-0090, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at www.toro.com and click on Product Recall Information on the bottom right-hand side of the page for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City
- How Do I Know If I am a Victim of Medical Malpractice?
- Why Survivors of Catastrophic Accidents Need a Life Care Plan