Toro® Z Master® Riding Mowers Recalled For Fire Hazards
05/17/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Toro have voluntarily recalled Toro® Z Master® Riding Mowers because of fire hazards posed by the mower. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on May 9, 2013.
The riding lawn mowers were recalled after discovering that the idler pulley can rub against the mower’s fuel tank, posing a fire hazard.
“This recall involves 2012 and 2013 Toro Z Master Commercial 2000 Series ZRT riding mowers. The mowers are red and black. ‘Toro’ and ‘2000 Series’ are printed on the side and ‘Z Master Commercial’ on the front of the mowers. When viewed from the operator’s seat, the model and serial numbers are on a metal plate located at the front of the mower, below the seat, on the right-hand side. The following models and corresponding serial numbers are included in this recall: model number 74141 with serial numbers ranging from 312000101 to 312000784 and 313000101 to 313000364; model number 74143 with serial numbers ranging from 312000101 to 312000881 and 313000101 to 313000432; and model number 74145 with serial numbers ranging from 312000101 to 312001178 and 313000101 to 313000443,” the CPSC reported.
There has been no reports of injuries as a result of the defect.
Consumers are advised to contact a Toro dealer to schedule a free repair and/or to check if the repair has already been made to the mower. All registered owners of the recalled mowers have been notified.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Toro; toll-free at (855) 493-0090, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at www.toro.com and click on Product Recall Information on the bottom right-hand side of the page for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada