Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
05/16/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – An Arizona woman was arrested after allegedly trying to give her baby away outside of a convenience store. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), witnesses stated 36-year-old Rozenna Luna was asking people if they wanted a free child while standing with her 6-month-old daughter outside of a convenience store in Phoenix this week.
Luna, who according to police had been drinking and taking drugs two days prior, was stated to have called police herself. She reportedly did not make attempts to get help with the child from safe haven agencies, family, or other sources prior to the incident. She is facing charges of child abuse.
The baby has reportedly been placed in the custody of the state.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage