Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
05/16/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – An Arizona woman was arrested after allegedly trying to give her baby away outside of a convenience store. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), witnesses stated 36-year-old Rozenna Luna was asking people if they wanted a free child while standing with her 6-month-old daughter outside of a convenience store in Phoenix this week.
Luna, who according to police had been drinking and taking drugs two days prior, was stated to have called police herself. She reportedly did not make attempts to get help with the child from safe haven agencies, family, or other sources prior to the incident. She is facing charges of child abuse.
The baby has reportedly been placed in the custody of the state.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare
- Gunman opens fire in Delaware hospital
- Teen has record number of teeth removed
- Lawyers say Arizona inmate gasped during botched execution
- Grammy winning singer’s son granted damages in privacy case