Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
05/16/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – An Arizona woman was arrested after allegedly trying to give her baby away outside of a convenience store. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), witnesses stated 36-year-old Rozenna Luna was asking people if they wanted a free child while standing with her 6-month-old daughter outside of a convenience store in Phoenix this week.
Luna, who according to police had been drinking and taking drugs two days prior, was stated to have called police herself. She reportedly did not make attempts to get help with the child from safe haven agencies, family, or other sources prior to the incident. She is facing charges of child abuse.
The baby has reportedly been placed in the custody of the state.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Child accidently shoots instructor in head at shooting range
- Bill and Melinda Gates offer $1 million to gun control coalition
- Square introduces update that allows people to text money
- Netflix petitions against Comcast/Time Warner Cable merger
- Actor apologizes for arrest of son
- Study suggests weight loss more difficult for poor
- Navy nurse sent back to U.S. after refusing to force-feed hunger strikers
- Former Virginia governor to provide additional testimony in corruption trial
- Trial opens for woman accused of kidnapping, assaulting child
- Rick Perry adds sixth attorney to legal team