Man fights federal fine over stripping in Portland airport
05/10/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Portland, Oregon – A man who stripped naked in protest of a security check at an airport in Portland is fighting a federal fine. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), John Brennan was fined $1,000 for removing his clothing at the airport last year and expressed he expected to lose round one of the legal battle to fight against it.
Brennan purportedly removed his clothing after a TSA screener said traces of nitrates were detected on him. He was found not guilty by a Multnomah County judge after being accused of violating a city ordinance prohibiting the exposure of one’s genitals in public. He was subsequently fined; however, for the incident.
Brennan is quoted in the report as stating to The Oregonian, “I totally support airport screening… I just don’t want it to be at the expense of my constitutional rights.”
Brennan has a court date set for Tuesday before an administrative law judge.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Portland legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash