Man fights federal fine over stripping in Portland airport
05/10/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Portland, Oregon – A man who stripped naked in protest of a security check at an airport in Portland is fighting a federal fine. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), John Brennan was fined $1,000 for removing his clothing at the airport last year and expressed he expected to lose round one of the legal battle to fight against it.
Brennan purportedly removed his clothing after a TSA screener said traces of nitrates were detected on him. He was found not guilty by a Multnomah County judge after being accused of violating a city ordinance prohibiting the exposure of one’s genitals in public. He was subsequently fined; however, for the incident.
Brennan is quoted in the report as stating to The Oregonian, “I totally support airport screening… I just don’t want it to be at the expense of my constitutional rights.”
Brennan has a court date set for Tuesday before an administrative law judge.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Portland legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot
- Mayor arrested on drug cartel extortion charges
- Former priest convicted in sex abuse case
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident