Hackers steal millions from ATMs across the globe
05/09/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – Several people have been arrested in connection with a hacking ring, in which millions was taken from ATMs across the globe. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the network of thieves stole $45 million from ATMs in 27 countries.
Seven people linked to the ring have been arrested in the U.S., as the investigation into the thefts continue.
Rose Romero, a former federal prosecutor and regional director for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “Unfortunately these types of cybercrimes involving ATMs, where you’ve got a flash mob going out across the globe, are becoming more and more common… I expect there will be many more” crimes such as this.
ATM bank loss from fraud reportedly amounts to an estimated $1 billion annually.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- New cyber intelligence agency created by Obama
- Former Colorado police chief says JonBenet Ramsey case mishandled
- Giuliana Rancic makes apology after dreadlock comment controversy
- Apple emoji options to become more diverse
- Southwest Airlines grounds planes over inspection oversight
- Google puts ban on sexually explicit content on Blogger
- Linkedin settles password link lawsuit
- Guy Fieri serves as officiate of free wedding for gay couples
- Supreme Court to hear Abercrombie ‘headscarf’ case
- Men pocket dial employer, revealing robbery