Hackers steal millions from ATMs across the globe
05/09/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – Several people have been arrested in connection with a hacking ring, in which millions was taken from ATMs across the globe. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the network of thieves stole $45 million from ATMs in 27 countries.
Seven people linked to the ring have been arrested in the U.S., as the investigation into the thefts continue.
Rose Romero, a former federal prosecutor and regional director for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “Unfortunately these types of cybercrimes involving ATMs, where you’ve got a flash mob going out across the globe, are becoming more and more common… I expect there will be many more” crimes such as this.
ATM bank loss from fraud reportedly amounts to an estimated $1 billion annually.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’