Hackers steal millions from ATMs across the globe
05/09/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – Several people have been arrested in connection with a hacking ring, in which millions was taken from ATMs across the globe. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the network of thieves stole $45 million from ATMs in 27 countries.
Seven people linked to the ring have been arrested in the U.S., as the investigation into the thefts continue.
Rose Romero, a former federal prosecutor and regional director for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “Unfortunately these types of cybercrimes involving ATMs, where you’ve got a flash mob going out across the globe, are becoming more and more common… I expect there will be many more” crimes such as this.
ATM bank loss from fraud reportedly amounts to an estimated $1 billion annually.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father