Hackers steal millions from ATMs across the globe
05/09/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – Several people have been arrested in connection with a hacking ring, in which millions was taken from ATMs across the globe. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the network of thieves stole $45 million from ATMs in 27 countries.
Seven people linked to the ring have been arrested in the U.S., as the investigation into the thefts continue.
Rose Romero, a former federal prosecutor and regional director for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “Unfortunately these types of cybercrimes involving ATMs, where you’ve got a flash mob going out across the globe, are becoming more and more common… I expect there will be many more” crimes such as this.
ATM bank loss from fraud reportedly amounts to an estimated $1 billion annually.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Actor admits to inappropriate conduct with minors
- Texas meteorologist shot in parking lot of news station
- Body of missing pregnant woman found in car
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children