Hackers steal millions from ATMs across the globe
05/09/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – Several people have been arrested in connection with a hacking ring, in which millions was taken from ATMs across the globe. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the network of thieves stole $45 million from ATMs in 27 countries.
Seven people linked to the ring have been arrested in the U.S., as the investigation into the thefts continue.
Rose Romero, a former federal prosecutor and regional director for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “Unfortunately these types of cybercrimes involving ATMs, where you’ve got a flash mob going out across the globe, are becoming more and more common… I expect there will be many more” crimes such as this.
ATM bank loss from fraud reportedly amounts to an estimated $1 billion annually.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping