Football star sues over $785K engagement ring despite $100 million contract
05/06/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Houston, Texas – Mario Williams, defensive end for the Buffalo Bills, has filed a lawsuit against his former fiancé for the return of a $785K engagement ring. As reported by ABC News Blogs, the football player is pursing the lawsuit despite having signed a $100 million contract.
Williams and Erin Marzouki became engaged in 2011 and split last January. According to the lawsuit, Williams claims to have spent in excess of $1 million, including the amount of money put towards the ring, on Marzouki prior to her breaking up with him.
The report quotes the lawsuit as stating, “On or about Jan. 21, 2013, defendant (Marzouki) unilaterally terminated the parties engagement. The termination of the relationship was caused solely by the defendant. Defendant never intended to marry plaintiff (Williams) and used the relationship as a means to get to plaintiff’s money and acquire gifts. Defendant has absconded with the diamond engagement ring.”
The suit was filed in Harris County Court in Houston.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare
- Gunman opens fire in Delaware hospital
- Teen has record number of teeth removed
- Lawyers say Arizona inmate gasped during botched execution
- Grammy winning singer’s son granted damages in privacy case