What Constitutes Supervisor Negligence at a Construction Site?
04/22/2013 // New York Injury Accident Lawyer // Jonathan C. Reiter // (press release)
New York construction sites are typically full of accidents waiting to happen. The nature of the construction business makes it potentially hazardous, and calls for the implementation of strict safety protocols to ensure the safety of workers. When safety rules are not followed, injuries are bound to occur, and questions will arise about who is to blame. Construction site supervisors charged with overseeing these work environments are expected to take steps to ensure worker safety and maintain that everyone on a job site takes the necessary precautions. The failure to do so could make one liable in the event that a worker becomes injured.
Construction site supervisor negligence can include failure to see that workers follow safety rules, not enforcing safety regulations (as those outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)), not taking corrective actions when obvious hazards are present, allowing defective equipment to be used, consuming drugs and alcohol or being under the influence of these while on the job, plus other problematic actions. These types of occurrences can put the lives of workers at risk and construction site supervisors may be held accountable if their actions lead to injury.
For construction workers who become involved in an accident on a construction site and sustain serious injuries, it could be important to speak with a construction accident attorney about their legal rights and options. The New York construction accident attorneys of The Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter are available for those with questions related to claims involving supervisor negligence and can provide injured workers with a free evaluation of their case.
Individuals may contact the New York construction accident lawyers of the law firm today to request help.
Address: 350 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10118
Phone: (212) 736-0979
Url: New York Injury Accident Lawyer
Other News / Press Releases
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- NYC, Citi Bike Face $15M Lawsuit From Bicycle Accident
- Two Beacon School Students Burnt in Science Lab Experiment
- Man Crushed Between Platform and Subway Train at Wall Street Station
- The Serious Consequences of Surgical Errors
- Freak Storm Causes Scaffold Collapse at Construction Site in Times Square
- Families of Metro-North Train Derailment Victims Go Uncompensated
- NYC med mal attorney Report-Claims Involving Contaminated Hospital Equipment
- N.Y. Construction Accident Law Part 8: Scaffold Accidents
- Injured in the Emergency Room Jonathan C. Reiter can help!