Students boycott Chicago state mandated test
04/24/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A group of Chicago students have banned together to boycott the state mandated test. As reported by Takepart.com, the group Chicago Students Organizing to Save Our Schools boycotted the PSAE test Wednesday in a citywide protest.
Brian Sturgis, a senior at Chicago’s Paul Robeson High School and one the protest organizers, is quoted in the report as stating in an Education Week blog of the students’ complaints, “Mayor Emanuel and the Chicago Board of Education are supposed to make the CPS system work for all of us. But instead they are putting too much pressure on standardized testing and threatening to close schools that don’t have high test scores. When schools are under so much pressure to raise test scores it leads to low-scoring students being neglected, not supported.”
Parents, teachers, and students reportedly participated in similar protest last week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago education law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping
- Driver charged in wedding day crash that killed Ohio man
- Former OPD chief testifies in gender-discrimination lawsuit
- Mariska Hartigay praises funding for rape kit testing
- Lyft allows employers to pick up tab for employee rides
- Agreement reached between Amazon and Hachette
- Woman claims singer’s voice gives her seizures