Students boycott Chicago state mandated test
04/24/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A group of Chicago students have banned together to boycott the state mandated test. As reported by Takepart.com, the group Chicago Students Organizing to Save Our Schools boycotted the PSAE test Wednesday in a citywide protest.
Brian Sturgis, a senior at Chicago’s Paul Robeson High School and one the protest organizers, is quoted in the report as stating in an Education Week blog of the students’ complaints, “Mayor Emanuel and the Chicago Board of Education are supposed to make the CPS system work for all of us. But instead they are putting too much pressure on standardized testing and threatening to close schools that don’t have high test scores. When schools are under so much pressure to raise test scores it leads to low-scoring students being neglected, not supported.”
Parents, teachers, and students reportedly participated in similar protest last week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago education law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Rosie O’Donnell, Michelle Rounds to divorce
- Amber Rose’s body cited in manslaughter case
- New cyber intelligence agency created by Obama
- Former Colorado police chief says JonBenet Ramsey case mishandled
- Giuliana Rancic makes apology after dreadlock comment controversy
- Apple emoji options to become more diverse
- Southwest Airlines grounds planes over inspection oversight
- Google puts ban on sexually explicit content on Blogger
- Linkedin settles password link lawsuit
- Guy Fieri serves as officiate of free wedding for gay couples