Students boycott Chicago state mandated test
04/24/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A group of Chicago students have banned together to boycott the state mandated test. As reported by Takepart.com, the group Chicago Students Organizing to Save Our Schools boycotted the PSAE test Wednesday in a citywide protest.
Brian Sturgis, a senior at Chicago’s Paul Robeson High School and one the protest organizers, is quoted in the report as stating in an Education Week blog of the students’ complaints, “Mayor Emanuel and the Chicago Board of Education are supposed to make the CPS system work for all of us. But instead they are putting too much pressure on standardized testing and threatening to close schools that don’t have high test scores. When schools are under so much pressure to raise test scores it leads to low-scoring students being neglected, not supported.”
Parents, teachers, and students reportedly participated in similar protest last week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago education law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare
- Gunman opens fire in Delaware hospital
- Teen has record number of teeth removed
- Lawyers say Arizona inmate gasped during botched execution