Students boycott Chicago state mandated test
04/24/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A group of Chicago students have banned together to boycott the state mandated test. As reported by Takepart.com, the group Chicago Students Organizing to Save Our Schools boycotted the PSAE test Wednesday in a citywide protest.
Brian Sturgis, a senior at Chicago’s Paul Robeson High School and one the protest organizers, is quoted in the report as stating in an Education Week blog of the students’ complaints, “Mayor Emanuel and the Chicago Board of Education are supposed to make the CPS system work for all of us. But instead they are putting too much pressure on standardized testing and threatening to close schools that don’t have high test scores. When schools are under so much pressure to raise test scores it leads to low-scoring students being neglected, not supported.”
Parents, teachers, and students reportedly participated in similar protest last week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago education law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- LeAnn Rimes reality show axed from VH1
- Actress shocked by criticism after speaking about diversity
- Facebook impersonation lawsuit settled by Feds
- Most common password still ‘123456’
- Man charged in email, social media hack case
- Man nearly killed while filming crash on New Jersey turnpike
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters