Students boycott Chicago state mandated test
04/24/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A group of Chicago students have banned together to boycott the state mandated test. As reported by Takepart.com, the group Chicago Students Organizing to Save Our Schools boycotted the PSAE test Wednesday in a citywide protest.
Brian Sturgis, a senior at Chicago’s Paul Robeson High School and one the protest organizers, is quoted in the report as stating in an Education Week blog of the students’ complaints, “Mayor Emanuel and the Chicago Board of Education are supposed to make the CPS system work for all of us. But instead they are putting too much pressure on standardized testing and threatening to close schools that don’t have high test scores. When schools are under so much pressure to raise test scores it leads to low-scoring students being neglected, not supported.”
Parents, teachers, and students reportedly participated in similar protest last week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago education law news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot
- Mayor arrested on drug cartel extortion charges
- Former priest convicted in sex abuse case
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident