Lionsgate strikes back in ‘Mad Men’ lawsuit
04/23/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Lionsgate Entertainment Corp. is claiming that a lawsuit filed in relation to the opening-credits sequence of the critically acclaimed television drama, “Mad Men,” violates the First Amendment rights of the company. As reported by The Wrap, model Gita Hall May is suing the company claiming her likeness was used in the sequence without her permission.
The suit is quoted as asserting, “Because Defendants exploited the Photograph and Plaintiff’s likeness and image while knowing that Defendants had no right to do so, and knowing that such conduct was a violation of Plaintiff’s legal rights and the law, Defendants have acted with fraud, malice and oppression.”
Lionsgate has countered the suit in a recent motion which is further quoted as stating, “the protected free speech contained within the series and its opening title sequence relates to a public issue and an issue of public interest.”
Hall May is seeking punitive as well as other damages in the suit.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle
- Sharon Osbourne writes open letter to estranged brother on Facebook
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on Florida medical marijuana measure
- Teens arrested months after fatal car crash for allowing friend to drive drunk
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’