Minnesota hospital apologizes for mishandling body of stillborn
04/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Minnesota – A Minnesota hospital offered an apology after the body of a stillborn baby was found wrapped in linens. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a laundry service employee found the baby’s body after the wrapped remains were sent to a laundry service off-site by mistake.
Chris Boese, chief nursing officer at Regions Hospital in St. Paul is quoted by the AP as releasing the statement about the incident, “This was a terrible mistake, and we are deeply sorry… We have processes in place that should have prevented this but did not. We are working to identify the gap in our system, and to make sure this does not happen again.”
The baby was reportedly stillborn earlier this month.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Minnesota legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Supreme Court declines to review appeal of employee drug testing case
- Child, 8, charged with felonies after running away from school
- Sanctions against Putin possible over Ukraine crisis
- Minnesota man on trial for teens’ deaths linked to break in
- Mother pleads guilty after drug overdose in McDonald’s play area
- Complaints over Michelle Obama graduation speech
- Woman sues over being denied ‘8THEIST’ license plate
- AMR effort to terminate retiree benefits blocked
- Crying child suffocated over video game
- Massachusetts teacher not punished for thrown chair