Minnesota hospital apologizes for mishandling body of stillborn
04/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Minnesota – A Minnesota hospital offered an apology after the body of a stillborn baby was found wrapped in linens. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a laundry service employee found the baby’s body after the wrapped remains were sent to a laundry service off-site by mistake.
Chris Boese, chief nursing officer at Regions Hospital in St. Paul is quoted by the AP as releasing the statement about the incident, “This was a terrible mistake, and we are deeply sorry… We have processes in place that should have prevented this but did not. We are working to identify the gap in our system, and to make sure this does not happen again.”
The baby was reportedly stillborn earlier this month.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Minnesota legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California
- Nevada trucking company may be liable for millions in crash
- Idaho crash triggered after driver’s armpit hair burned