Minnesota hospital apologizes for mishandling body of stillborn
04/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Minnesota – A Minnesota hospital offered an apology after the body of a stillborn baby was found wrapped in linens. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a laundry service employee found the baby’s body after the wrapped remains were sent to a laundry service off-site by mistake.
Chris Boese, chief nursing officer at Regions Hospital in St. Paul is quoted by the AP as releasing the statement about the incident, “This was a terrible mistake, and we are deeply sorry… We have processes in place that should have prevented this but did not. We are working to identify the gap in our system, and to make sure this does not happen again.”
The baby was reportedly stillborn earlier this month.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Minnesota legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Boston Marathon suspect’s friend convicted on obstruction charges
- Iraqi Christians ordered by Islamic State to convert
- Missing Marine wife may have been shot, warrant suggests
- Rain halts exhumation of bodies of teenage girls allegedly raped
- Attorneys for restaurant say former mayor should disclose medical details
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate
- Casey Kasem’s daughter seeks autopsy in father’s death
- Gay marriage ban void upheld by federal court
- Yellowstone sites closed after hot spot melts road