Family of teen awarded $90 million in pedestrian accident wrongful death case
04/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Virginia – The family of a teen killed in a pedestrian accident has been awarded $90 million in a wrongful death case. As reported by The Inquisitr, the jury awarded the family of 13-year-old Ashley Davis, who died of her injuries two weeks after being struck by a Lincoln Continental in 2009, the judgment this year, when Davis would have been a high school senior.
The vehicle that killed Davis also hit another vehicle and a 17-year-old boy after striking her. The 17-year-old survived the accident.
Davis’ family sued the Prince George’s County School Board citing negligence had led to the 13-year-old’s death.
John Costello, an attorney for the family, is quoted in the report as stating of the accident, “The school board was negligent … They had adopted a policy to provide for safe transportation. The policy was they were going to pick up Ashley on her own side of the street. They never did. They forced her to cross the street. She got killed crossing the street.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Virginia legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle
- Sharon Osbourne writes open letter to estranged brother on Facebook
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on Florida medical marijuana measure
- Teens arrested months after fatal car crash for allowing friend to drive drunk
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’