Rep. Michele Bachmann investigated by Congressional ethics office
03/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Rep. Michele Bachmann is being investigated by the office of Congressional Ethics in connection with her campaign for the GOP presidential nomination last year. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), an attorney for Bachmann said this week that the Republican Minnesota Representative had been in cooperation with the committee’s investigation.
The Office of Congressional Ethics independently conducts preliminary investigations into House member misconduct allegations.
Attorney William McGinley is quoted by the AP as stating of Bachmann, “There are no allegations that the congresswoman engaged in any wrongdoing… We are constructively engaged with the OCE and are confident that at the end of their review the OCE Board will conclude that Congresswoman Bachmann did not do anything inappropriate.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Appeals court hears arguments in Obama immigration fight
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash