Rep. Michele Bachmann investigated by Congressional ethics office
03/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Rep. Michele Bachmann is being investigated by the office of Congressional Ethics in connection with her campaign for the GOP presidential nomination last year. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), an attorney for Bachmann said this week that the Republican Minnesota Representative had been in cooperation with the committee’s investigation.
The Office of Congressional Ethics independently conducts preliminary investigations into House member misconduct allegations.
Attorney William McGinley is quoted by the AP as stating of Bachmann, “There are no allegations that the congresswoman engaged in any wrongdoing… We are constructively engaged with the OCE and are confident that at the end of their review the OCE Board will conclude that Congresswoman Bachmann did not do anything inappropriate.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination
- Holly Madison details emotional struggle while at Playboy mansion in memoir
- Lara Spencer to divorce husband after 15 years
- Florida counties seek to raise awareness about Craigslist crimes
- ‘One Direction’ member quits tour amid scandal