Rep. Michele Bachmann investigated by Congressional ethics office
03/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Rep. Michele Bachmann is being investigated by the office of Congressional Ethics in connection with her campaign for the GOP presidential nomination last year. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), an attorney for Bachmann said this week that the Republican Minnesota Representative had been in cooperation with the committee’s investigation.
The Office of Congressional Ethics independently conducts preliminary investigations into House member misconduct allegations.
Attorney William McGinley is quoted by the AP as stating of Bachmann, “There are no allegations that the congresswoman engaged in any wrongdoing… We are constructively engaged with the OCE and are confident that at the end of their review the OCE Board will conclude that Congresswoman Bachmann did not do anything inappropriate.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’
- Leah Remini gets temporary gig as new co-host of ‘Dancing’
- Man sends probation officer text to buy drugs
- Woman cuts roommates nose off