Rep. Michele Bachmann investigated by Congressional ethics office
03/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Rep. Michele Bachmann is being investigated by the office of Congressional Ethics in connection with her campaign for the GOP presidential nomination last year. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), an attorney for Bachmann said this week that the Republican Minnesota Representative had been in cooperation with the committee’s investigation.
The Office of Congressional Ethics independently conducts preliminary investigations into House member misconduct allegations.
Attorney William McGinley is quoted by the AP as stating of Bachmann, “There are no allegations that the congresswoman engaged in any wrongdoing… We are constructively engaged with the OCE and are confident that at the end of their review the OCE Board will conclude that Congresswoman Bachmann did not do anything inappropriate.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Elizabeth Smart-Gilmour speaks at conference addressing human trafficking
- Teen lives inside Walmart unnoticed for days
- Holder promises full investigation into shooting of unarmed teen
- Brazilian presidential candidate, six others die in plane crash
- Law students file lawsuit over failed software
- 18-wheeler crash leads to shut down of major highway
- Woman alleges she lost out on job due to peanut allergy
- Couple falls from cliff, dies while taking selfies
- Australia affected by swine flu epidemic
- Animal rights activists file suit against Pennsylvania over state regulation