Wealthy businessman’s divorce could mark record financial settlement
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – The divorce of Continental Resources chief executive Harold Hamm may involve a record financial settlement. As reported by Reuters, the oil baron’s second wife, Sue Ann Hamm, filed for divorce in May of last year according to Oklahoma court records.
Sue Ann Hamm, a former Continental executive, alleges in one recent filing that her estranged husband had previously had an affair, which prompted the divorce filing. The couple, married in 1988.
Harold Hamm, 67, has an estimated worth of $11.3 billion, and was ranked by Forbes as 35th of the 50 richest Americans.
Daniel Jaffe, a Beverly Hills family law attorney, is quoted by Reuters as stating of the potential outcome of the Hamm divorce case, “She has a leg up because she worked for the company and she can claim that a portion of her efforts went into making the company what it is today…She was married to him when the value of the company went up. She has got to be looking for a couple of billion dollars.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick
- Google announces addition of new languages for Google Translate
- 11-year-old steals money from grandmother, attempts to take taxi to Florida
- Lawsuit filed against Tyra Banks over ‘Top Model’ prize
- Former “Beverly Hillbillies” star files lawsuit against CBS
- Man jailed after stealing piece of Paul Walker crash car
- Dr. Dre highest earning musician of the year