Wealthy businessman’s divorce could mark record financial settlement
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – The divorce of Continental Resources chief executive Harold Hamm may involve a record financial settlement. As reported by Reuters, the oil baron’s second wife, Sue Ann Hamm, filed for divorce in May of last year according to Oklahoma court records.
Sue Ann Hamm, a former Continental executive, alleges in one recent filing that her estranged husband had previously had an affair, which prompted the divorce filing. The couple, married in 1988.
Harold Hamm, 67, has an estimated worth of $11.3 billion, and was ranked by Forbes as 35th of the 50 richest Americans.
Daniel Jaffe, a Beverly Hills family law attorney, is quoted by Reuters as stating of the potential outcome of the Hamm divorce case, “She has a leg up because she worked for the company and she can claim that a portion of her efforts went into making the company what it is today…She was married to him when the value of the company went up. She has got to be looking for a couple of billion dollars.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father