Wealthy businessman’s divorce could mark record financial settlement
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – The divorce of Continental Resources chief executive Harold Hamm may involve a record financial settlement. As reported by Reuters, the oil baron’s second wife, Sue Ann Hamm, filed for divorce in May of last year according to Oklahoma court records.
Sue Ann Hamm, a former Continental executive, alleges in one recent filing that her estranged husband had previously had an affair, which prompted the divorce filing. The couple, married in 1988.
Harold Hamm, 67, has an estimated worth of $11.3 billion, and was ranked by Forbes as 35th of the 50 richest Americans.
Daniel Jaffe, a Beverly Hills family law attorney, is quoted by Reuters as stating of the potential outcome of the Hamm divorce case, “She has a leg up because she worked for the company and she can claim that a portion of her efforts went into making the company what it is today…She was married to him when the value of the company went up. She has got to be looking for a couple of billion dollars.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination
- Holly Madison details emotional struggle while at Playboy mansion in memoir
- Lara Spencer to divorce husband after 15 years
- Florida counties seek to raise awareness about Craigslist crimes
- ‘One Direction’ member quits tour amid scandal