Suntech renewable energy leader declares bankruptcy
03/20/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Renewable energy leader Suntech Power Holdings Ltd has reportedly declared bankruptcy. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the company, one of the largest manufacturers of solar panels in the world, has said several Chinese banks made a request that a court declare it insolvent following a missed $541 million payment to bondholders.
Suntech CEO David King is quoted by the AP as saying in a statement regarding the company, “While we evaluate restructuring initiatives and strategic alternatives, we are committed to continuing to provide high-quality solar products to our global customer base.”
King further asserts, “During this period, we will continue to work closely with all of our stakeholders and take the necessary steps to put Suntech back on track for growth.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world business law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dismissal of Florida smoker lawsuits against tobacco companies upheld by court
- Wyoming workplace deaths decline, study shows
- Remains of missing Tennessee woman identified
- Kris Jenner increases security after receiving death threats?
- Google announces acquisition of Lift Labs
- Jury award reduced by half in police car crash case
- Man arrested after allegedly stalking Bristol Palin
- Trump Taj Mahal could close amid bankruptcy filing
- Actress dies after being struck by tree
- Royal couple expecting second child