Suntech renewable energy leader declares bankruptcy
03/20/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Renewable energy leader Suntech Power Holdings Ltd has reportedly declared bankruptcy. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the company, one of the largest manufacturers of solar panels in the world, has said several Chinese banks made a request that a court declare it insolvent following a missed $541 million payment to bondholders.
Suntech CEO David King is quoted by the AP as saying in a statement regarding the company, “While we evaluate restructuring initiatives and strategic alternatives, we are committed to continuing to provide high-quality solar products to our global customer base.”
King further asserts, “During this period, we will continue to work closely with all of our stakeholders and take the necessary steps to put Suntech back on track for growth.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world business law news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father