Bus Carrying VT Lacrosse Team Involved in Deadly Three-Vehicle Crash
03/21/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Clifton Park, NY — A three-vehicle crash involving a bus carrying college lacrosse players from Vermont killed one person and injured several others. The fatal automobile accident occurred shortly before noon on Tuesday, March 12, 2013, on Interstate 87 in Saratoga County, the New York Daily News reports.
According to officials, a rain-slicked highway caused two cars to lose to control. One of the vehicles then crashed into the bus, causing it to overturn onto its side and slide off the road.
The bus was transporting 40 people from St. Michael’s College, a small liberal arts school in Colchester, Vt., to a game in Westchester County when the accident occurred.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene. The victim was reportedly in one of the two cars involved in the wreck.
Responding emergency crews transported another person from one of the vehicles to an area hospital, while others with “very minor” injuries were treated at the scene.
According to the St. Michael’s website, the team is scheduled to play at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Wednesday afternoon.
“Our attention and resources are committed to supporting our student-athletes and staff members involved in the accident,” the college said in a statement.
Investigations into the deadly accident are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York automobile accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Ron Bell Wants You to Know About Diabetes Risk and Lipitor
- Ron Bell is Concerned About Yaz Birth Control and Cardiac Risk
- U.S. Customs May Be Ramping Up U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Verifications
- What do you do if you get in an accident? Ron Bell has your back.
- First Hispanic-American to receive the FBA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- EU Shrinks Tax on Made in U.S. Jeans
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin