Bus Carrying VT Lacrosse Team Involved in Deadly Three-Vehicle Crash
03/21/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Clifton Park, NY — A three-vehicle crash involving a bus carrying college lacrosse players from Vermont killed one person and injured several others. The fatal automobile accident occurred shortly before noon on Tuesday, March 12, 2013, on Interstate 87 in Saratoga County, the New York Daily News reports.
According to officials, a rain-slicked highway caused two cars to lose to control. One of the vehicles then crashed into the bus, causing it to overturn onto its side and slide off the road.
The bus was transporting 40 people from St. Michael’s College, a small liberal arts school in Colchester, Vt., to a game in Westchester County when the accident occurred.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene. The victim was reportedly in one of the two cars involved in the wreck.
Responding emergency crews transported another person from one of the vehicles to an area hospital, while others with “very minor” injuries were treated at the scene.
According to the St. Michael’s website, the team is scheduled to play at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Wednesday afternoon.
“Our attention and resources are committed to supporting our student-athletes and staff members involved in the accident,” the college said in a statement.
Investigations into the deadly accident are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York automobile accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Tori Spelling severely burned at restaurant in LA
- Push made to make revenge porn punishable offense in UK
- Rapper arrested on drug charges
- Nine-year-old takes on Texas medical marijuana ban
- 65-year-old woman pregnant with quadruplets
- Court denies actress right to bring children back to U.S.
- Police officer charged in South Carolina in shooting of black motorist
- Florida teen charged with felony after hacking into school network
- Attorney for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev facing major challenge
- Gay teacher’s ousting from Omaha Catholic school may not be ordinance violation