Police handling of investigation into attorney’s death questioned
03/13/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Albuquerque, NM – The New Mexico attorney general’s office is looking into the Albuquerque police department’s handling of an investigation into a prominent civil rights attorney’s death. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), over two years after Mary Han was found in her garage dead from what was said to be a suicide, authorities are now questioning whether the investigation surrounding the circumstances of her death was not handled properly.
The state’s attorney general’s office has also reportedly requested that federal officials take a look at the case.
Relatives of Han, who have expressed doubt that she committed suicide, have filed a lawsuit against the city, citing the investigation was mishandled.
Han’s daughter, Katherine, is quoted in the report as stating, “I would like to know what happened to my mother someday… To have an important person removed from their life without explanation is something no one should ever have to deal with. It’s more about peace of mind.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New Mexico legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father
- Measure allowing surprise inspections at abortions clinics advances in Arizona
- Major changes for SAT, first update in nearly a decade
- Maryville hospital nurses file intent to strike over labor practices
- Judge blocks Ecuadorean judgment collection against Chevron in U.S. courts