Police handling of investigation into attorney’s death questioned
03/13/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Albuquerque, NM – The New Mexico attorney general’s office is looking into the Albuquerque police department’s handling of an investigation into a prominent civil rights attorney’s death. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), over two years after Mary Han was found in her garage dead from what was said to be a suicide, authorities are now questioning whether the investigation surrounding the circumstances of her death was not handled properly.
The state’s attorney general’s office has also reportedly requested that federal officials take a look at the case.
Relatives of Han, who have expressed doubt that she committed suicide, have filed a lawsuit against the city, citing the investigation was mishandled.
Han’s daughter, Katherine, is quoted in the report as stating, “I would like to know what happened to my mother someday… To have an important person removed from their life without explanation is something no one should ever have to deal with. It’s more about peace of mind.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New Mexico legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’