Six-month-old baby killed in shooting
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A six-month-old baby was shot and killed in Chicago on Monday. As reported by UPI.com, Jonylah Watkins died Tuesday after she and her father were shot while he was changing her diaper. The father of the child, Jonathan Watkins, 29, was purportedly in critical condition Monday.
The shooting reportedly occurred Monday afternoon in the Woodlawn neighborhood of the South Side. According to police, Watkins has a history of arrests and is affiliated with a gang. Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy is quoted as stating of Watkins, “It appears he’s the intended victim, exclusively the father… He’s in a lot of pain.”
Police are still searching for the shooter in the incident. The New Beginnings Church in Woodlawn is reportedly offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the gunman.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Appeals court hears arguments in Obama immigration fight
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash