Six-month-old baby killed in shooting
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A six-month-old baby was shot and killed in Chicago on Monday. As reported by UPI.com, Jonylah Watkins died Tuesday after she and her father were shot while he was changing her diaper. The father of the child, Jonathan Watkins, 29, was purportedly in critical condition Monday.
The shooting reportedly occurred Monday afternoon in the Woodlawn neighborhood of the South Side. According to police, Watkins has a history of arrests and is affiliated with a gang. Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy is quoted as stating of Watkins, “It appears he’s the intended victim, exclusively the father… He’s in a lot of pain.”
Police are still searching for the shooter in the incident. The New Beginnings Church in Woodlawn is reportedly offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the gunman.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Famed homeless hitchhiker charged with murder
- Attorneys in untimely vaccine injury cases allowed to recover legal fees
- Rice contamination being investigated in China
- Supreme Court upholds FCC rule in cellphone tower case
- CT MTA Train Derails, Collides With 2nd Train, 70 Injured
- Government Intervention In A False Claims Act Case From Pill Popping to Pushing
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal