Six-month-old baby killed in shooting
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A six-month-old baby was shot and killed in Chicago on Monday. As reported by UPI.com, Jonylah Watkins died Tuesday after she and her father were shot while he was changing her diaper. The father of the child, Jonathan Watkins, 29, was purportedly in critical condition Monday.
The shooting reportedly occurred Monday afternoon in the Woodlawn neighborhood of the South Side. According to police, Watkins has a history of arrests and is affiliated with a gang. Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy is quoted as stating of Watkins, “It appears he’s the intended victim, exclusively the father… He’s in a lot of pain.”
Police are still searching for the shooter in the incident. The New Beginnings Church in Woodlawn is reportedly offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the gunman.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Over 1,200 giant African snails seized by USDA
- Reality show cancelled after star charged with rape
- Drug overdose cause of Drew Barrymore sister death
- Woman hit by bus, dies at Burning Man festival
- Justin Bieber compares paparazzi accident to Princess Diana tragedy
- Shirt resembling concentration camp uniforms pulled from clothing line
- Painkiller overdose deaths may be decreased by medical marijuana laws
- Child accidently shoots instructor in head at shooting range
- Bill and Melinda Gates offer $1 million to gun control coalition
- Square introduces update that allows people to text money