Six-month-old baby killed in shooting
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A six-month-old baby was shot and killed in Chicago on Monday. As reported by UPI.com, Jonylah Watkins died Tuesday after she and her father were shot while he was changing her diaper. The father of the child, Jonathan Watkins, 29, was purportedly in critical condition Monday.
The shooting reportedly occurred Monday afternoon in the Woodlawn neighborhood of the South Side. According to police, Watkins has a history of arrests and is affiliated with a gang. Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy is quoted as stating of Watkins, “It appears he’s the intended victim, exclusively the father… He’s in a lot of pain.”
Police are still searching for the shooter in the incident. The New Beginnings Church in Woodlawn is reportedly offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the gunman.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams
- Ann Curry to part with NBC News
- Ellen DeGeneres responds to ‘Christian Post’ anti-gay article
- Tim Tebow helps sponsor proms for those with special needs