Lawsuit filed against Judge Judy over high priced china
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – A lawsuit has been filed against television personality Judge Judith Sheindlin. As reported by E! Online, the star of Judge Judy is being sued by the former wife of her producer, Randall Douthit, who claims Sheindlin purchased china from Douthit for a tenth of what it is worth.
Douthit’s ex, Patric Jones, is reportedly alleging that the Christofle Mary Bone China was community property valued at over $500,000, but sold for $50,000 as part of a plan to cut her from the sale.
Sheindlin is quoted in the report as stating of the lawsuit, “I have not seen any complaint by the former Mrs. Douthit, however, I don’t owe this lady a cent. And if this 50-year-old woman would spend her time more productively at trying to find a job, instead of abusing the judicial system with frivolous lawsuits, we would all be a lot better off.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Witness testifies debt may force Sterling to sell team
- Missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines flight detected by U.S.
- Hospital agrees to $190 million settlement in secret patient recording case
- Boston Marathon suspect’s friend convicted on obstruction charges
- Iraqi Christians ordered by Islamic State to convert
- Missing Marine wife may have been shot, warrant suggests
- Rain halts exhumation of bodies of teenage girls allegedly raped
- Attorneys for restaurant say former mayor should disclose medical details
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate