Family of Child Killed By Truck Files Lawsuit Against NYC for $50 Million
03/13/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The family of a boy who was hit and killed by a truck in Harlem has filed a lawsuit against New York City for $50 million. The family of 6-year-old Amar Diarrassouba filed the notice of claim on Thursday, March 7, 2013, Fox reported.
Diarrassouba was killed when he was hit by a tractor-trailer at First Avenue at East 117th Street on February 28th, while he was walking to school with his 9-year-old brother, Issouf. Diarrassouba’s family claims there was an absent crossing guard who was present the morning of the accident.
The lawsuit names the city, the NYPD and the crossing guard, Flavia Roman, as defendants.
In the family’s “notice of claim” on behalf of Issouf, they say: “He could have been killed, witnessed his younger brother being struck and dragged by the truck and sustained traumatic and psychological, mental and emotional injuries.”
The suit also argued that Roman “deserted her post, abandoning the children who were promised her protection.”
The family also filed a lawsuit alleging negligence against truck driver, Robert Carroll Jr., and the trucking company, McLane Foodservice Distribution.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York wrongful death lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin
- Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
- CPSC: Edoche Children’s Spoon & Fork Sets Recalled for Choking Hazards
- NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
- 30-Car Pile-Up on Gowanus Expressway Injures 8 In Brooklyn
- Yankee Candle Recalls Pine Berry Candle Ring for Fire Hazards
- Using a Pessary to Relieve Pelvic Organ Prolapse Symptoms