Early partial victory for A&E in ‘Storage Wars’ lawsuit
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Television network A&E has won an early partial victory in a lawsuit concerning its popular reality television series “Storage Wars.” As reported by The Wrap, Judge Michael Johnson of Los Angeles Superior Court sided against former star of the show, Dave Hester, on a couple of points related to his lawsuit in which he alleges the show is rigged.
The Unfair Business Practices complaint by Hester, who purports he was fired after complaining about the show being staged, was tossed out by the judge on grounds of the First Amendment.
Johnson is quoted in the report as stating in his decision, “It is well settled that television broadcast involves free speech, as well as production activities that advance or assist in the creation of a television program.”
Hester has also brought additional claims, for which decisions have yet to be made.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Supreme Court declines to review appeal of employee drug testing case
- Child, 8, charged with felonies after running away from school
- Sanctions against Putin possible over Ukraine crisis
- Minnesota man on trial for teens’ deaths linked to break in
- Mother pleads guilty after drug overdose in McDonald’s play area
- Complaints over Michelle Obama graduation speech
- Woman sues over being denied ‘8THEIST’ license plate
- AMR effort to terminate retiree benefits blocked
- Crying child suffocated over video game
- Massachusetts teacher not punished for thrown chair