Early partial victory for A&E in ‘Storage Wars’ lawsuit
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Television network A&E has won an early partial victory in a lawsuit concerning its popular reality television series “Storage Wars.” As reported by The Wrap, Judge Michael Johnson of Los Angeles Superior Court sided against former star of the show, Dave Hester, on a couple of points related to his lawsuit in which he alleges the show is rigged.
The Unfair Business Practices complaint by Hester, who purports he was fired after complaining about the show being staged, was tossed out by the judge on grounds of the First Amendment.
Johnson is quoted in the report as stating in his decision, “It is well settled that television broadcast involves free speech, as well as production activities that advance or assist in the creation of a television program.”
Hester has also brought additional claims, for which decisions have yet to be made.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Most common password still ‘123456’
- Man charged in email, social media hack case
- Man nearly killed while filming crash on New Jersey turnpike
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage