Early partial victory for A&E in ‘Storage Wars’ lawsuit
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Television network A&E has won an early partial victory in a lawsuit concerning its popular reality television series “Storage Wars.” As reported by The Wrap, Judge Michael Johnson of Los Angeles Superior Court sided against former star of the show, Dave Hester, on a couple of points related to his lawsuit in which he alleges the show is rigged.
The Unfair Business Practices complaint by Hester, who purports he was fired after complaining about the show being staged, was tossed out by the judge on grounds of the First Amendment.
Johnson is quoted in the report as stating in his decision, “It is well settled that television broadcast involves free speech, as well as production activities that advance or assist in the creation of a television program.”
Hester has also brought additional claims, for which decisions have yet to be made.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Satanist group wants materials passed out in schools
- Rancher says no proof cow linked to freeway accident was his
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California