Long Island man faces jail over loud laughter at home
03/06/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Long Island, NY – A Long Island man is facing jail time after being reported for laughing too loudly in his home. As reported by Reuters, Robert Schiavelli, 41, was issued two tickets for disturbing the peace after a neighbor called police about his laughing out of a window at his Rockville Centre home.
Schiavelli, who lives with his mother, says he laughs in response to the neighbor’s taunts, which he reportedly claims are mocking of his disability.
Schiavelli is quoted by Reuters as stating of the matter in a telephone interview, “He just ridicules me all the time and the only thing I can come up with is laughing.”
Police in the Rockville Centre Police Department are further quoted in the report as stating of related complaints, “On two occasions, police actually observed this individual creating a disturbance directed at neighbors and in violation of local law.”
A motion to dismiss the case against Schiavelli was denied by a judge on Tuesday. If convicted on the charges, he could receive up to 30 days in jail and a $500 fine.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Long Island legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father