Long Island man faces jail over loud laughter at home
03/06/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Long Island, NY – A Long Island man is facing jail time after being reported for laughing too loudly in his home. As reported by Reuters, Robert Schiavelli, 41, was issued two tickets for disturbing the peace after a neighbor called police about his laughing out of a window at his Rockville Centre home.
Schiavelli, who lives with his mother, says he laughs in response to the neighbor’s taunts, which he reportedly claims are mocking of his disability.
Schiavelli is quoted by Reuters as stating of the matter in a telephone interview, “He just ridicules me all the time and the only thing I can come up with is laughing.”
Police in the Rockville Centre Police Department are further quoted in the report as stating of related complaints, “On two occasions, police actually observed this individual creating a disturbance directed at neighbors and in violation of local law.”
A motion to dismiss the case against Schiavelli was denied by a judge on Tuesday. If convicted on the charges, he could receive up to 30 days in jail and a $500 fine.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Long Island legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’