Long Island man faces jail over loud laughter at home
03/06/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Long Island, NY – A Long Island man is facing jail time after being reported for laughing too loudly in his home. As reported by Reuters, Robert Schiavelli, 41, was issued two tickets for disturbing the peace after a neighbor called police about his laughing out of a window at his Rockville Centre home.
Schiavelli, who lives with his mother, says he laughs in response to the neighbor’s taunts, which he reportedly claims are mocking of his disability.
Schiavelli is quoted by Reuters as stating of the matter in a telephone interview, “He just ridicules me all the time and the only thing I can come up with is laughing.”
Police in the Rockville Centre Police Department are further quoted in the report as stating of related complaints, “On two occasions, police actually observed this individual creating a disturbance directed at neighbors and in violation of local law.”
A motion to dismiss the case against Schiavelli was denied by a judge on Tuesday. If convicted on the charges, he could receive up to 30 days in jail and a $500 fine.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Long Island legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Obama attends Mandela memorial in South Africa
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt admit to blowing through millions
- French breast implant maker receives jail sentence
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend seeks to have domestic violence charges dropped
- Lamar Odom gets probation in DUI plea deal
- Johnson & Johnson officials accused of destroying vaginal mesh files
- Snapchat files for restraining order over information disclosure
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle