Former tech millionaire pleads guilty to selling prescription drugs
03/06/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A former tech millionaire, who along with her colleagues sold an Internet company for $70 million over a decade ago, has been sentenced to prison after pleading guilty to selling prescription drugs and conspiring to sell a firearm. As reported by ABC News, Jennifer Sultan, 38, received a four-year sentence on Friday in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.
A man accused of being the ring-leader of a prescription drug and gun selling operation linked to the crimes of which Sultan has been accused of taking part in, reportedly also received 20 years in prison.
Sultan’s attorney, Frank Rothman, is quoted in the report as stating of the sentence, “I thought she got a harsher sentence than what was deserved, for a non-violent drug addicted first offender… I would have hoped to get a less severe prison sentence, but I hope she will get the help she needs to conquer her demons and join society in a more positive manner.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results
- Charges filed against man in overdose of 9-year-old
- Phaedra Parks opens up about divorce, addresses rumors
- Marshawn Lynch accuser charged with making a false statement
- Human remains found on property of missing woman’s daughter
- Tori Spelling seeks relationship advice from unexpected source
- Multiple explosions set off two-alarm fire near Maytown