Former tech millionaire pleads guilty to selling prescription drugs
03/06/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A former tech millionaire, who along with her colleagues sold an Internet company for $70 million over a decade ago, has been sentenced to prison after pleading guilty to selling prescription drugs and conspiring to sell a firearm. As reported by ABC News, Jennifer Sultan, 38, received a four-year sentence on Friday in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.
A man accused of being the ring-leader of a prescription drug and gun selling operation linked to the crimes of which Sultan has been accused of taking part in, reportedly also received 20 years in prison.
Sultan’s attorney, Frank Rothman, is quoted in the report as stating of the sentence, “I thought she got a harsher sentence than what was deserved, for a non-violent drug addicted first offender… I would have hoped to get a less severe prison sentence, but I hope she will get the help she needs to conquer her demons and join society in a more positive manner.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man arrested on DUI suspicion after Jennifer Lopez crash
- Actress arrested for DUI suspicion while on probation
- High court meets to consider taking cases related to state gay marriage bans
- Judge delays BP oil spill medical claims ruling
- Satanist group wants materials passed out in schools
- Rancher says no proof cow linked to freeway accident was his
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment