Former tech millionaire pleads guilty to selling prescription drugs
03/06/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A former tech millionaire, who along with her colleagues sold an Internet company for $70 million over a decade ago, has been sentenced to prison after pleading guilty to selling prescription drugs and conspiring to sell a firearm. As reported by ABC News, Jennifer Sultan, 38, received a four-year sentence on Friday in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.
A man accused of being the ring-leader of a prescription drug and gun selling operation linked to the crimes of which Sultan has been accused of taking part in, reportedly also received 20 years in prison.
Sultan’s attorney, Frank Rothman, is quoted in the report as stating of the sentence, “I thought she got a harsher sentence than what was deserved, for a non-violent drug addicted first offender… I would have hoped to get a less severe prison sentence, but I hope she will get the help she needs to conquer her demons and join society in a more positive manner.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Michelle Bachman: Gay community has ‘intimidated politicians’
- House cat traps family in bedroom during rampage
- Joran van der Sloot extradition to U.S. planned for 2038
- Judge rules Texas man can be tried for childhood attack
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.