New Jersey jury reconvenes and adds to transvaginal mesh lawsuit award
03/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New Jersey – A New Jersey state jury has awarded a woman punitive damages in a transvaginal mesh lawsuit filed against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Ethicon, Inc. As reported by Rotlaw.com, 47-year-old claimant Linda Gross, who was previously awarded $3.35 million in compensatory damages, was awarded $7.76 million in punitive damages on Thursday.
Gross was stated to have suffered debilitating injury related to Ethicon’s Prolift vaginal mesh implant. The trial was reportedly the first of an estimated 2,000 cases concerning reported injuries linked to the Prolift vaginal mesh kit. Ethicon was found by the jury to have misrepresented risks associated with the medical device.
Rochelle Rottenstein, principal of RLG, a New York City firm that represents women with vaginal mesh claims, is quoted in the report as stating of the case, “The punitive damages award likely will be appealed, and it might even be overturned or reduced…Still, the award should give vaginal mesh manufacturers an idea of the jury’s mindset, and make those manufacturers realize they had better think seriously about settling future cases.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in transvaginal mesh injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Minnesota man on trial for teens’ deaths linked to break in
- Mother pleads guilty after drug overdose in McDonald’s play area
- Complaints over Michelle Obama graduation speech
- Woman sues over being denied ‘8THEIST’ license plate
- AMR effort to terminate retiree benefits blocked
- Crying child suffocated over video game
- Massachusetts teacher not punished for thrown chair
- Wyoming student jumps to death after eating marijuana cookie
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot