New Jersey jury reconvenes and adds to transvaginal mesh lawsuit award
03/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New Jersey – A New Jersey state jury has awarded a woman punitive damages in a transvaginal mesh lawsuit filed against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Ethicon, Inc. As reported by Rotlaw.com, 47-year-old claimant Linda Gross, who was previously awarded $3.35 million in compensatory damages, was awarded $7.76 million in punitive damages on Thursday.
Gross was stated to have suffered debilitating injury related to Ethicon’s Prolift vaginal mesh implant. The trial was reportedly the first of an estimated 2,000 cases concerning reported injuries linked to the Prolift vaginal mesh kit. Ethicon was found by the jury to have misrepresented risks associated with the medical device.
Rochelle Rottenstein, principal of RLG, a New York City firm that represents women with vaginal mesh claims, is quoted in the report as stating of the case, “The punitive damages award likely will be appealed, and it might even be overturned or reduced…Still, the award should give vaginal mesh manufacturers an idea of the jury’s mindset, and make those manufacturers realize they had better think seriously about settling future cases.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in transvaginal mesh injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick