New Jersey jury reconvenes and adds to transvaginal mesh lawsuit award
03/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New Jersey – A New Jersey state jury has awarded a woman punitive damages in a transvaginal mesh lawsuit filed against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Ethicon, Inc. As reported by Rotlaw.com, 47-year-old claimant Linda Gross, who was previously awarded $3.35 million in compensatory damages, was awarded $7.76 million in punitive damages on Thursday.
Gross was stated to have suffered debilitating injury related to Ethicon’s Prolift vaginal mesh implant. The trial was reportedly the first of an estimated 2,000 cases concerning reported injuries linked to the Prolift vaginal mesh kit. Ethicon was found by the jury to have misrepresented risks associated with the medical device.
Rochelle Rottenstein, principal of RLG, a New York City firm that represents women with vaginal mesh claims, is quoted in the report as stating of the case, “The punitive damages award likely will be appealed, and it might even be overturned or reduced…Still, the award should give vaginal mesh manufacturers an idea of the jury’s mindset, and make those manufacturers realize they had better think seriously about settling future cases.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in transvaginal mesh injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens