Bullied 12-year-old dies weeks after attack by classmates
03/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Philadelphia – A bullied 12-year-old boy who was attacked by his classmates weeks ago has died. As reported by the UK Daily Mail, Bailey O’Neill, who was hospitalized with seizures after other students beat him up, passed away Sunday, the day following his 12th birthday.
Baltimore Ravens star Ray Rice prompted a call to crack down on bullying following Bailey’s death.
Rice is quoted in the report as stating on his Facebook page, “Bailey – my little buddy, I will not let you become just another bully statistic…you are my inspiration and one more angel that will help me continue the fight for kids everywhere. ‘You are going to help me save lives. RIP my little friend.”
The students involved in the attack were reportedly suspended from school for two days, but whether further action will be taken against them has yet to be determined.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Philadelphia legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- New study suggests computer games may help older adults with walking
- Florida woman’s credit card stolen, charged $15,000 for stranger’s wedding
- High school students arrested waiting for school bus
- Vin Diesel among stars who pay visit to car crash site of late actor Walker
- Lawsuit filed by ACLU against US bishops over ethics guidelines
- Federal appeals court upholds contempt judgment against anarchist
- Governor urges parents to use money for campaign, not Christmas toys
- New Hawaii gay marriage law takes effect, several couples get licenses
- NH medical technician sentenced to 39 years over hepatitis infections
- Mother on board crashed plane in Alaska leads searchers to crash site