Bullied 12-year-old dies weeks after attack by classmates
03/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Philadelphia – A bullied 12-year-old boy who was attacked by his classmates weeks ago has died. As reported by the UK Daily Mail, Bailey O’Neill, who was hospitalized with seizures after other students beat him up, passed away Sunday, the day following his 12th birthday.
Baltimore Ravens star Ray Rice prompted a call to crack down on bullying following Bailey’s death.
Rice is quoted in the report as stating on his Facebook page, “Bailey – my little buddy, I will not let you become just another bully statistic…you are my inspiration and one more angel that will help me continue the fight for kids everywhere. ‘You are going to help me save lives. RIP my little friend.”
The students involved in the attack were reportedly suspended from school for two days, but whether further action will be taken against them has yet to be determined.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Philadelphia legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment
- Target in Pennsylvania school stabbing rampage unknown
- Ethics complaint filed by outdoors enthusiasts over bill changes
- Families sue Disney over access ride policy for disabled