Bullied 12-year-old dies weeks after attack by classmates
03/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Philadelphia – A bullied 12-year-old boy who was attacked by his classmates weeks ago has died. As reported by the UK Daily Mail, Bailey O’Neill, who was hospitalized with seizures after other students beat him up, passed away Sunday, the day following his 12th birthday.
Baltimore Ravens star Ray Rice prompted a call to crack down on bullying following Bailey’s death.
Rice is quoted in the report as stating on his Facebook page, “Bailey – my little buddy, I will not let you become just another bully statistic…you are my inspiration and one more angel that will help me continue the fight for kids everywhere. ‘You are going to help me save lives. RIP my little friend.”
The students involved in the attack were reportedly suspended from school for two days, but whether further action will be taken against them has yet to be determined.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Philadelphia legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Navy nurse sent back to U.S. after refusing to force-feed hunger strikers
- Former Virginia governor to provide additional testimony in corruption trial
- Trial opens for woman accused of kidnapping, assaulting child
- Rick Perry adds sixth attorney to legal team
- Divorce announced for Elizabeth Vargas, husband amid rehab reports
- Nick Cannon confirms he and Mariah are separated
- Jodi Arias wins delay in penalty phase retrial
- Miley Cyrus concert gets banned over ‘morality’ issues
- Singer sued over concert ad artwork
- UPS Store affected by data breach