Baby Burned To Death in Manhattan Apartment
02/27/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Manhattan, NY — A baby was burned to death after she fell off a bed and became wedged between a radiator and a piece of furniture in Manhattan early Tuesday, February 19, 2013. The death occurred at the Morningside Heights apartments on Cathedral Parkway around 6:15 a.m., the New York Daily News reported.
According to reports, 1-year-old Gabriella Grimes sustained severe burns on her leg after falling from the bed during the night. Her grandmother, Lourdes Carrigan, 60, discovered her at 6:15 a.m., and it is unknown how long she was stuck before she was found.
Gabriella was rushed to St. Luke’s Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Another child staying at the apartment was not injured.
Carrigan has not been charged for the death at this time.
Investigations are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York wrongful death lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada