Bruises reportedly found on dead adopted Russian child
02/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Odessa, Texas – A Texas official has stated that bruises were found on the body of a dead 3-year-old child who was adopted by an American family from Russia and died on Jan. 21. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a medical examiner’s investigator stated this week that that the child, who was taken to a hospital in West Texas, was unresponsive and bruised on multiple parts of his body.
The medical examiner’s office has reportedly not yet been able to determine whether the bruises were accidental or intentional.
Shirley Standefer, chief investigator for the Ector County Medical Examiner’s Office, is quoted by the AP as stating of the findings, “Whether it’s just normal bruising from a child being a child, or whether those bruises are from something else, I can’t confirm or deny this.”
An autopsy is reportedly being conducted in Tarrant County.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks