Bruises reportedly found on dead adopted Russian child
02/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Odessa, Texas – A Texas official has stated that bruises were found on the body of a dead 3-year-old child who was adopted by an American family from Russia and died on Jan. 21. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a medical examiner’s investigator stated this week that that the child, who was taken to a hospital in West Texas, was unresponsive and bruised on multiple parts of his body.
The medical examiner’s office has reportedly not yet been able to determine whether the bruises were accidental or intentional.
Shirley Standefer, chief investigator for the Ector County Medical Examiner’s Office, is quoted by the AP as stating of the findings, “Whether it’s just normal bruising from a child being a child, or whether those bruises are from something else, I can’t confirm or deny this.”
An autopsy is reportedly being conducted in Tarrant County.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash
- Supreme Court rules pregnancy discrimination case can proceed
- Driver was recording video prior to crash that injured three teens
- 150 people killed in plane crash in French Alps
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus