Pennsylvania Worker Killed in Accident at Plum Corp
02/08/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Greensburg, Pa — An industrial accident in western Pennsylvania killed a worker at a manufacturing plant. The fatal workplace accident occurred at Plum Corp in Hempfield Township on Monday, Feb 4, 2013 around 9:30 a.m., the New Jersey Herald reported.
State Police in Westmore County reported that the victim was using a 15-ton overhead crane to move a large steel coil. As he raised the 10,000-pound coil, a 5,000-pound coil shifted out of position and hit the worker, which pinned him against other stacks of coils.
Responding emergency crews pronounced the victim, identified as Richard Licina Jr., 60, of Wilmerding, dead at the scene. The county coroner’s office revealed that he died of chest injuries.
Licina’s death has been ruled an accident.
State police and the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are investigating the workplace accident.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Pennsylvania workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Ron Bell Wants You to Know About Diabetes Risk and Lipitor
- Ron Bell is Concerned About Yaz Birth Control and Cardiac Risk
- U.S. Customs May Be Ramping Up U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Verifications
- What do you do if you get in an accident? Ron Bell has your back.
- First Hispanic-American to receive the FBA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- EU Shrinks Tax on Made in U.S. Jeans
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin