Multiple victims in fatal Zambia bus crash
02/07/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Lusaka, Zambia – A reported 53 people were killed and several others injured in a bus crash in Zambia on Thursday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the crash occurred after an SUV attempted to pass a bus operated by Zambia’s postal service and collided with a semi-truck head-on, which further facilitated a crash between the truck and the bus.
Officials are regarding the crash as one of the worst in the country’s recent history.
President Michael Sata is quoted by the AP as stating to the families of those who died in the accident, “Allow me on behalf of my Cabinet, the First Lady and indeed on my own behalf to convey my deepest condolences to the bereaved families…We pray that the Lord almighty grants the bereaved families comfort and strength during this very painful period.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world accident injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash
- Supreme Court rules pregnancy discrimination case can proceed
- Driver was recording video prior to crash that injured three teens
- 150 people killed in plane crash in French Alps
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination