Fire-Breather Seriously Injured in Freak Accident at Lyric Opera of Chicago
02/08/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Chicago, Ill — A freak accident has left a fire-breathing stilt-water in critical condition on Monday, February 4, 2013. The workplace accident occurred at the Lyric Opera of Chicago during a rehearsal of “Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg,” reported New York Daily News.
According to reports, an audience of 1,000 people watched as flames engulfed 24-year-old Wesley Daniel’s face when a stunt went awry during practice for the production.
Many thought the accident was part of Monday evening’s show, but they soon realized that it wasn’t part of the act when Daniel stumbled across the stage and collapsed.
Responding emergency crews rushed Daniel to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he has respiratory problems and second degree burns on his face and throat, and first degree burns to his hands.
Daniel has since been transferred to Loyola University Medial Center.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago issued a statement on Monday evening: “He was wearing a flameproof costume and mask. Lyric’s emergency plan was activated immediately. Trained fire guards extinguished minor flames immediately,” the statement read. “Chicago Fire Department commenced an immediate investigation, before allowing the rehearsal to continue…The actor is being treated at Loyola Hospital. The decision was made to remove the fire-spitting effect from performances.”
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Illinois workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Injured Workers Suffer As ‘Reforms’ Limit Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- On Tort Reform, It’s Time to Declare Victory and Withdraw
- As a Lawyer Ted Cruz Defended Huge Jury Awards. As a Politician He Opposed Them
- The Demolition of Workers’ Comp
- LA Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer Scott Glovsky Receives California Lawyer Award
- Mugshot Removal: States Laws Making It Harder To Bail Out Of Google
- Dallas Non-Compete Lawyer: Three Critical (Mis)Assumptions
- New Year, New Look at Old Policies and Procedures
- What every lawyer should know about Conversion Rate Optimization
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules on FLSA Matter