Fire-Breather Seriously Injured in Freak Accident at Lyric Opera of Chicago
02/08/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Chicago, Ill — A freak accident has left a fire-breathing stilt-water in critical condition on Monday, February 4, 2013. The workplace accident occurred at the Lyric Opera of Chicago during a rehearsal of “Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg,” reported New York Daily News.
According to reports, an audience of 1,000 people watched as flames engulfed 24-year-old Wesley Daniel’s face when a stunt went awry during practice for the production.
Many thought the accident was part of Monday evening’s show, but they soon realized that it wasn’t part of the act when Daniel stumbled across the stage and collapsed.
Responding emergency crews rushed Daniel to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he has respiratory problems and second degree burns on his face and throat, and first degree burns to his hands.
Daniel has since been transferred to Loyola University Medial Center.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago issued a statement on Monday evening: “He was wearing a flameproof costume and mask. Lyric’s emergency plan was activated immediately. Trained fire guards extinguished minor flames immediately,” the statement read. “Chicago Fire Department commenced an immediate investigation, before allowing the rehearsal to continue…The actor is being treated at Loyola Hospital. The decision was made to remove the fire-spitting effect from performances.”
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Illinois workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Off-Duty NYPD Cop Killed In Crash At Notorious 59th Street Bridge in Queens
- British Tourist Who Lost Leg in NYC Cab Accident Sues City for $27.5M
- Could Technology Have Prevented The Metro-North Commuter Train Derailment?
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.