Fire-Breather Seriously Injured in Freak Accident at Lyric Opera of Chicago
02/08/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Chicago, Ill — A freak accident has left a fire-breathing stilt-water in critical condition on Monday, February 4, 2013. The workplace accident occurred at the Lyric Opera of Chicago during a rehearsal of “Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg,” reported New York Daily News.
According to reports, an audience of 1,000 people watched as flames engulfed 24-year-old Wesley Daniel’s face when a stunt went awry during practice for the production.
Many thought the accident was part of Monday evening’s show, but they soon realized that it wasn’t part of the act when Daniel stumbled across the stage and collapsed.
Responding emergency crews rushed Daniel to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he has respiratory problems and second degree burns on his face and throat, and first degree burns to his hands.
Daniel has since been transferred to Loyola University Medial Center.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago issued a statement on Monday evening: “He was wearing a flameproof costume and mask. Lyric’s emergency plan was activated immediately. Trained fire guards extinguished minor flames immediately,” the statement read. “Chicago Fire Department commenced an immediate investigation, before allowing the rehearsal to continue…The actor is being treated at Loyola Hospital. The decision was made to remove the fire-spitting effect from performances.”
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Illinois workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Did You Know? Car Accidents Are a Leading Cause of Traumatic Brain Injury
- CEME Innovation Centre urges manufacturing SMEs to take control of IP rights
- Seek A Rational Comprehensive Treatment For Your Mesh Related Pain
- Bicyclist Hit and Killed by Cab in Brooklyn
- Two FBI Agents Killed in Training Accident off Virginia Beach
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Makers for Fire and Burn Hazards
- Free Vaginal Mesh Webinar Offered: Registration Now Open
- Medicaid Fraud: A Business Model Whistleblowers Can Help End
- How Common Are Medical Misdiagnoses?
- 7 Students Injured in Burlington Township School Bus Accident