Fire-Breather Seriously Injured in Freak Accident at Lyric Opera of Chicago
02/08/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Chicago, Ill — A freak accident has left a fire-breathing stilt-water in critical condition on Monday, February 4, 2013. The workplace accident occurred at the Lyric Opera of Chicago during a rehearsal of “Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg,” reported New York Daily News.
According to reports, an audience of 1,000 people watched as flames engulfed 24-year-old Wesley Daniel’s face when a stunt went awry during practice for the production.
Many thought the accident was part of Monday evening’s show, but they soon realized that it wasn’t part of the act when Daniel stumbled across the stage and collapsed.
Responding emergency crews rushed Daniel to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he has respiratory problems and second degree burns on his face and throat, and first degree burns to his hands.
Daniel has since been transferred to Loyola University Medial Center.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago issued a statement on Monday evening: “He was wearing a flameproof costume and mask. Lyric’s emergency plan was activated immediately. Trained fire guards extinguished minor flames immediately,” the statement read. “Chicago Fire Department commenced an immediate investigation, before allowing the rehearsal to continue…The actor is being treated at Loyola Hospital. The decision was made to remove the fire-spitting effect from performances.”
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Illinois workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Sexual Harassment and the Office Holiday Party
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals