Disneyland rabbit accused of racism
02/07/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Anaheim, CA – A Disneyland employee in a rabbit costume has been accused of racism by a San Diego family. As reported by UPI.com, the family alleges that the employee refused to hug their children because of their skin color, after seeing the person dressed as the Alice in Wonderland’s White Rabbit deny their efforts to obtain a hug, and hug and kiss other children.
Jason Black, 6, is quoted in the report as stating of the experience, “I went to hug him but he turned his back… It made me feel sad because I wanted to really hug him.”
A discrimination lawsuit has been filed by the family. Dan Gilleon, an attorney for the family, is quoted as stating of the suit, “All they’ve asked for is a little bit of recognition that this should not have happened.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in California discrimination law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Oscar Pistorius receives 5-year prison sentence for girlfriend’s death
- Global warming linked to mass extinction millions of years ago, study says
- Ebola to make chocolate prices soar?
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages