Authorities search for mistakenly released convicted murderer
02/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A convicted murderer was recently released due to an error following a court appearance in Chicago. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), authorities were searching for Steven L. Robbins on Friday after lost paperwork led to his mistakenly being released.
While serving a prison sentence for murder in Indiana, Robbins was transported to Chicago for a court appearance related to a case that was previously dismissed. Paperwork regarding his return to Indiana afterward was purportedly misplaced.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “We’re not ducking the fact we dropped the ball. We made mistakes…The public deserves much more. We’re going to find out what went wrong here.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Pope visits South Korea, meets with ferry disaster survivors
- Texas governor indicted by grand jury
- Ferguson teen killed in police shooting accused of being robbery suspect
- Elizabeth Smart-Gilmour speaks at conference addressing human trafficking
- Teen lives inside Walmart unnoticed for days
- Holder promises full investigation into shooting of unarmed teen
- Brazilian presidential candidate, six others die in plane crash
- Law students file lawsuit over failed software
- 18-wheeler crash leads to shut down of major highway
- Woman alleges she lost out on job due to peanut allergy