Authorities search for mistakenly released convicted murderer
02/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A convicted murderer was recently released due to an error following a court appearance in Chicago. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), authorities were searching for Steven L. Robbins on Friday after lost paperwork led to his mistakenly being released.
While serving a prison sentence for murder in Indiana, Robbins was transported to Chicago for a court appearance related to a case that was previously dismissed. Paperwork regarding his return to Indiana afterward was purportedly misplaced.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “We’re not ducking the fact we dropped the ball. We made mistakes…The public deserves much more. We’re going to find out what went wrong here.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- LeAnn Rimes reality show axed from VH1
- Actress shocked by criticism after speaking about diversity
- Facebook impersonation lawsuit settled by Feds
- Most common password still ‘123456’
- Man charged in email, social media hack case
- Man nearly killed while filming crash on New Jersey turnpike
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters