Authorities search for mistakenly released convicted murderer
02/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A convicted murderer was recently released due to an error following a court appearance in Chicago. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), authorities were searching for Steven L. Robbins on Friday after lost paperwork led to his mistakenly being released.
While serving a prison sentence for murder in Indiana, Robbins was transported to Chicago for a court appearance related to a case that was previously dismissed. Paperwork regarding his return to Indiana afterward was purportedly misplaced.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “We’re not ducking the fact we dropped the ball. We made mistakes…The public deserves much more. We’re going to find out what went wrong here.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results
- Charges filed against man in overdose of 9-year-old
- Phaedra Parks opens up about divorce, addresses rumors
- Marshawn Lynch accuser charged with making a false statement
- Human remains found on property of missing woman’s daughter
- Tori Spelling seeks relationship advice from unexpected source
- Multiple explosions set off two-alarm fire near Maytown