Authorities search for mistakenly released convicted murderer
02/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A convicted murderer was recently released due to an error following a court appearance in Chicago. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), authorities were searching for Steven L. Robbins on Friday after lost paperwork led to his mistakenly being released.
While serving a prison sentence for murder in Indiana, Robbins was transported to Chicago for a court appearance related to a case that was previously dismissed. Paperwork regarding his return to Indiana afterward was purportedly misplaced.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “We’re not ducking the fact we dropped the ball. We made mistakes…The public deserves much more. We’re going to find out what went wrong here.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks