Authorities search for mistakenly released convicted murderer
02/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – A convicted murderer was recently released due to an error following a court appearance in Chicago. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), authorities were searching for Steven L. Robbins on Friday after lost paperwork led to his mistakenly being released.
While serving a prison sentence for murder in Indiana, Robbins was transported to Chicago for a court appearance related to a case that was previously dismissed. Paperwork regarding his return to Indiana afterward was purportedly misplaced.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is quoted by the AP as stating of the matter, “We’re not ducking the fact we dropped the ball. We made mistakes…The public deserves much more. We’re going to find out what went wrong here.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’