Singer Randy Travis receives probation, time in treatment for DWI
01/31/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Texas – Country singer Randy Travis was sentenced to probation and time in a treatment facility after entering a guilty plea for a DWI in Grayson County. As reported by The Dallas Morning News, Travis received two years probation and was ordered to remain in a facility for alcohol treatment for 30 days in addition to being required to pay a fine and complete community service.
Grayson County District Attorney Joe Brown is quoted as stating of the sentence in a prepared statement, “We feel it is appropriate in these circumstances… His punishment is considerably more than is typically received on a DWI case. First time DWI defendants are rarely forced into in-patient treatment. He will be unable to leave the facility for 30 days.
Brown further noted in the statement, “His fine and community service requirements are more than double what is usually received, and his probation term is the maximum available, and longer than the usual 18 months. All of that is appropriate in light of his behavior with the officers. I spoke at length with the officers involved, and they were in agreement with the outcome. We are all hopeful that Mr. Travis is on the road to recovery.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Company sues ‘Duck Dynasty’ over trademarked phrase
- NCAA agrees to $70 million settlement fund in head injury case
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents