Nightclub fire kills over 200 in Brazil
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Santa Maria, Brazil – More than 200 people were killed in a nightclub fire in Brazil early Sunday morning. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 231 people died after a fire broke out at the Kiss nightclub, which was stated to not have had a fire alarm, sprinklers, or fire escape.
Rodrigo Rizzi, a nursing student who was inside of the venue at the time of the incident, is quoted by the AP as stating, “I was right there, so even though I was far from the door, at least I realized something was wrong…Others, who couldn’t see the stage, never had a chance. They never saw it coming.”
The incident is still under investigation.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Madonna shows up for jury duty in NYC
- Hookah use rises among teens in U.S., study suggests
- Joran van der Sloot weds in prison
- Pot licenses issued in Washington state
- Man blows off hands igniting fireworks
- NYC man sentenced to prison following conviction in college essay rape case
- U.S. House panel says staff immune from complying with subpoenas in probe
- Quebec town rebuilds after major railway disaster
- Singer in police custody after death of wife
- Radio host fired over profanity laced tweet