Nightclub fire kills over 200 in Brazil
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Santa Maria, Brazil – More than 200 people were killed in a nightclub fire in Brazil early Sunday morning. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 231 people died after a fire broke out at the Kiss nightclub, which was stated to not have had a fire alarm, sprinklers, or fire escape.
Rodrigo Rizzi, a nursing student who was inside of the venue at the time of the incident, is quoted by the AP as stating, “I was right there, so even though I was far from the door, at least I realized something was wrong…Others, who couldn’t see the stage, never had a chance. They never saw it coming.”
The incident is still under investigation.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate
- Casey Kasem’s daughter seeks autopsy in father’s death
- Gay marriage ban void upheld by federal court
- Yellowstone sites closed after hot spot melts road
- Judge allows tenant additional time at ‘Real Housewives’ couples’ home
- Gay marriage approved by judge in Florida Keys
- Meningitis victims questioned in FBI probe
- Approval given to hire 100 workers for Georgia child safety case investigations
- KKK uses candy filled goodie bags to recruit new members