Nightclub fire kills over 200 in Brazil
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Santa Maria, Brazil – More than 200 people were killed in a nightclub fire in Brazil early Sunday morning. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 231 people died after a fire broke out at the Kiss nightclub, which was stated to not have had a fire alarm, sprinklers, or fire escape.
Rodrigo Rizzi, a nursing student who was inside of the venue at the time of the incident, is quoted by the AP as stating, “I was right there, so even though I was far from the door, at least I realized something was wrong…Others, who couldn’t see the stage, never had a chance. They never saw it coming.”
The incident is still under investigation.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash
- Supreme Court rules pregnancy discrimination case can proceed
- Driver was recording video prior to crash that injured three teens
- 150 people killed in plane crash in French Alps
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination