Nightclub fire kills over 200 in Brazil
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Santa Maria, Brazil – More than 200 people were killed in a nightclub fire in Brazil early Sunday morning. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 231 people died after a fire broke out at the Kiss nightclub, which was stated to not have had a fire alarm, sprinklers, or fire escape.
Rodrigo Rizzi, a nursing student who was inside of the venue at the time of the incident, is quoted by the AP as stating, “I was right there, so even though I was far from the door, at least I realized something was wrong…Others, who couldn’t see the stage, never had a chance. They never saw it coming.”
The incident is still under investigation.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Child accidently shoots instructor in head at shooting range
- Bill and Melinda Gates offer $1 million to gun control coalition
- Square introduces update that allows people to text money
- Netflix petitions against Comcast/Time Warner Cable merger
- Actor apologizes for arrest of son
- Study suggests weight loss more difficult for poor
- Navy nurse sent back to U.S. after refusing to force-feed hunger strikers
- Former Virginia governor to provide additional testimony in corruption trial
- Trial opens for woman accused of kidnapping, assaulting child
- Rick Perry adds sixth attorney to legal team