Gunman flees after women chant “Jesus”
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Lake City, Florida – A masked gunman fled a home he attempted to rob after a group of women began chanting “Jesus” after he ordered them to turn over their money. As reported by News4Jax.com, Derek Lee, 24, was arrested Friday following the robbery attempt upon being identified and placed in a lineup.
Jacquie Hagler, the owner of the home, is quoted in the report as stating of the incident, “When I realized what was going on, I stood up and said, ‘In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now.’ And he said, ‘I’m going to shoot someone.’ And I said it again, real boldly…Everybody started chanting, ‘Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,’ and he did a quick scan of the room, and ran out the door as fast as he could go.”
Lee is also reportedly being investigated for another robbery attempt that occurred the same day as the home invasion.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick
- Google announces addition of new languages for Google Translate
- 11-year-old steals money from grandmother, attempts to take taxi to Florida
- Lawsuit filed against Tyra Banks over ‘Top Model’ prize
- Former “Beverly Hillbillies” star files lawsuit against CBS
- Man jailed after stealing piece of Paul Walker crash car
- Dr. Dre highest earning musician of the year