Gunman flees after women chant “Jesus”
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Lake City, Florida – A masked gunman fled a home he attempted to rob after a group of women began chanting “Jesus” after he ordered them to turn over their money. As reported by News4Jax.com, Derek Lee, 24, was arrested Friday following the robbery attempt upon being identified and placed in a lineup.
Jacquie Hagler, the owner of the home, is quoted in the report as stating of the incident, “When I realized what was going on, I stood up and said, ‘In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now.’ And he said, ‘I’m going to shoot someone.’ And I said it again, real boldly…Everybody started chanting, ‘Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,’ and he did a quick scan of the room, and ran out the door as fast as he could go.”
Lee is also reportedly being investigated for another robbery attempt that occurred the same day as the home invasion.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns