Gunman flees after women chant “Jesus”
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Lake City, Florida – A masked gunman fled a home he attempted to rob after a group of women began chanting “Jesus” after he ordered them to turn over their money. As reported by News4Jax.com, Derek Lee, 24, was arrested Friday following the robbery attempt upon being identified and placed in a lineup.
Jacquie Hagler, the owner of the home, is quoted in the report as stating of the incident, “When I realized what was going on, I stood up and said, ‘In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now.’ And he said, ‘I’m going to shoot someone.’ And I said it again, real boldly…Everybody started chanting, ‘Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,’ and he did a quick scan of the room, and ran out the door as fast as he could go.”
Lee is also reportedly being investigated for another robbery attempt that occurred the same day as the home invasion.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash