Gunman flees after women chant “Jesus”
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Lake City, Florida – A masked gunman fled a home he attempted to rob after a group of women began chanting “Jesus” after he ordered them to turn over their money. As reported by News4Jax.com, Derek Lee, 24, was arrested Friday following the robbery attempt upon being identified and placed in a lineup.
Jacquie Hagler, the owner of the home, is quoted in the report as stating of the incident, “When I realized what was going on, I stood up and said, ‘In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now.’ And he said, ‘I’m going to shoot someone.’ And I said it again, real boldly…Everybody started chanting, ‘Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,’ and he did a quick scan of the room, and ran out the door as fast as he could go.”
Lee is also reportedly being investigated for another robbery attempt that occurred the same day as the home invasion.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash