Gunman flees after women chant “Jesus”
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Lake City, Florida – A masked gunman fled a home he attempted to rob after a group of women began chanting “Jesus” after he ordered them to turn over their money. As reported by News4Jax.com, Derek Lee, 24, was arrested Friday following the robbery attempt upon being identified and placed in a lineup.
Jacquie Hagler, the owner of the home, is quoted in the report as stating of the incident, “When I realized what was going on, I stood up and said, ‘In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now.’ And he said, ‘I’m going to shoot someone.’ And I said it again, real boldly…Everybody started chanting, ‘Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,’ and he did a quick scan of the room, and ran out the door as fast as he could go.”
Lee is also reportedly being investigated for another robbery attempt that occurred the same day as the home invasion.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment
- Target in Pennsylvania school stabbing rampage unknown
- Ethics complaint filed by outdoors enthusiasts over bill changes