Gunman flees after women chant “Jesus”
01/28/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Lake City, Florida – A masked gunman fled a home he attempted to rob after a group of women began chanting “Jesus” after he ordered them to turn over their money. As reported by News4Jax.com, Derek Lee, 24, was arrested Friday following the robbery attempt upon being identified and placed in a lineup.
Jacquie Hagler, the owner of the home, is quoted in the report as stating of the incident, “When I realized what was going on, I stood up and said, ‘In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now.’ And he said, ‘I’m going to shoot someone.’ And I said it again, real boldly…Everybody started chanting, ‘Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,’ and he did a quick scan of the room, and ran out the door as fast as he could go.”
Lee is also reportedly being investigated for another robbery attempt that occurred the same day as the home invasion.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Obama attends Mandela memorial in South Africa
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt admit to blowing through millions
- French breast implant maker receives jail sentence
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend seeks to have domestic violence charges dropped
- Lamar Odom gets probation in DUI plea deal
- Johnson & Johnson officials accused of destroying vaginal mesh files
- Snapchat files for restraining order over information disclosure
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle