Elderly Man Caused Wrong-Way Head-On Crash on NY State Thruway; 1 Dead
01/30/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Sloatsburg, NY — A wrong-way head-on crash left a woman dead after her elderly husband crashed head-on into another vehicle on the New York State Thruway, Tuesday night, January 22, 2013, USA Today reports.
According to investigators, Alvin S. Lapides, 81, is believed to have entered the highway in Nanuet where he drove his 1992 Toyota Camry north to Sloatsburg, as other vehicles swerved to get out of his way.
Motorists flooded the state police with 911 calls alerting them of the wrong-way driver, but troopers tried unsuccessfully to intercept Lapides’ car.
It appears that Lapides mistook Exit 14 for Exit 14B in Airmont and became disoriented while he navigated the nighttime traffic.
At around 8 p.m., Lapides crashed into a Volvo driven by a 17-year-old just north of the Ramapo Travel Plaza. The wreck killed Lapides’ wife, 76-year-old Madeline Lapides, who was a front seat passenger and was not wearing a seatbelt. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Alvin Lapides was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern after he complained of neck and back pains.
The other driver, Gaelyn V. Ashley, walked away from the wreck without sustaining serious injuries.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York automobile accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin
- Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
- CPSC: Edoche Children’s Spoon & Fork Sets Recalled for Choking Hazards
- NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
- 30-Car Pile-Up on Gowanus Expressway Injures 8 In Brooklyn
- Yankee Candle Recalls Pine Berry Candle Ring for Fire Hazards
- Using a Pessary to Relieve Pelvic Organ Prolapse Symptoms