Construction Worker Killed in Accident at Queens Apartment Building
01/29/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Queens, NY — A construction worker was killed after he fell through the floor and hit his head on a steel girder at an under-construction Astoria apartment building. The fatal construction accident occurred Thursday, January 24, 2012, on the Broadway site near 45th St. around 4 p.m., reported the New York Daily News.
According to officials, the 42-year-old unidentified man was working at the construction site when he fell through a hole in the first floor. The man fell about 15-feet to the basement below where a steel girder hit him on the head.
Responding emergency crews rushed the victim to Mount Siani Hospital where he succumbed to his serious injuries and was pronounced dead.
The general contractor of the construction project, Centex Builders, could not be reached for comment.
All work has been stopped by the Department of Buildings pending a full investigation.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are expected to investigate.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York construction accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Driver crashes into L.A. Times building, becomes injured
- Former NFL player convicted of murder
- Lamborghini and Ferrari crash in Beijing
- Indiana HIV outbreak passes 100 confirmed cases
- Suicide note of transgender teen gets attention of White House
- Justice Department announces charges against former e-commerce executive
- Rob Kardashian to write tell all about family?
- Kelsey Grammer speaks out about guilt since sister’s murder
- Florida sheriff stands by decision to charge teen in school hacking prank
- Tori Spelling severely burned at restaurant in LA