Construction Worker Killed in Accident at Queens Apartment Building
01/29/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Queens, NY — A construction worker was killed after he fell through the floor and hit his head on a steel girder at an under-construction Astoria apartment building. The fatal construction accident occurred Thursday, January 24, 2012, on the Broadway site near 45th St. around 4 p.m., reported the New York Daily News.
According to officials, the 42-year-old unidentified man was working at the construction site when he fell through a hole in the first floor. The man fell about 15-feet to the basement below where a steel girder hit him on the head.
Responding emergency crews rushed the victim to Mount Siani Hospital where he succumbed to his serious injuries and was pronounced dead.
The general contractor of the construction project, Centex Builders, could not be reached for comment.
All work has been stopped by the Department of Buildings pending a full investigation.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are expected to investigate.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York construction accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada
- Look Who’s Cookin’ In CT!