Former pastor convicted in death of 2nd wife
01/23/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Stroudsburg, PA – A former pastor who is awaiting trial for his first wife’s death has been convicted of killing his second wife. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Arthur “A.B.” Schirmer, 64, was convicted Tuesday of first degree-murder in a case in which a prosecutor alleged he attacked Betty Schirmer with a crowbar, inflicting fatal injuries on July 15, 2008.
Nate Novack, Betty Schirmer’s son, is quoted by the AP as thanking prosecutors for “bringing my mom’s killer to justice” following the guilty verdict and stating, “Today, she can finally rest in peace.”
Schirmer has also been charged in the 1999 death of Jewel Schirmer, to whom he was married for over 30 years, and is awaiting trial for that case.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Pennsylvania legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California
- Nevada trucking company may be liable for millions in crash
- Idaho crash triggered after driver’s armpit hair burned
- Ferguson protestors seek removal of prosecutor investigating shooting
- New debate over history books in Texas classrooms
- Singer’s bodyguard accused of beating up cadet
- Tony Stewart case to be referred to grand jury