Former pastor convicted in death of 2nd wife
01/23/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Stroudsburg, PA – A former pastor who is awaiting trial for his first wife’s death has been convicted of killing his second wife. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Arthur “A.B.” Schirmer, 64, was convicted Tuesday of first degree-murder in a case in which a prosecutor alleged he attacked Betty Schirmer with a crowbar, inflicting fatal injuries on July 15, 2008.
Nate Novack, Betty Schirmer’s son, is quoted by the AP as thanking prosecutors for “bringing my mom’s killer to justice” following the guilty verdict and stating, “Today, she can finally rest in peace.”
Schirmer has also been charged in the 1999 death of Jewel Schirmer, to whom he was married for over 30 years, and is awaiting trial for that case.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Pennsylvania legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare