Former pastor convicted in death of 2nd wife
01/23/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Stroudsburg, PA – A former pastor who is awaiting trial for his first wife’s death has been convicted of killing his second wife. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Arthur “A.B.” Schirmer, 64, was convicted Tuesday of first degree-murder in a case in which a prosecutor alleged he attacked Betty Schirmer with a crowbar, inflicting fatal injuries on July 15, 2008.
Nate Novack, Betty Schirmer’s son, is quoted by the AP as thanking prosecutors for “bringing my mom’s killer to justice” following the guilty verdict and stating, “Today, she can finally rest in peace.”
Schirmer has also been charged in the 1999 death of Jewel Schirmer, to whom he was married for over 30 years, and is awaiting trial for that case.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Pennsylvania legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Michelle Bachman: Gay community has ‘intimidated politicians’
- House cat traps family in bedroom during rampage
- Joran van der Sloot extradition to U.S. planned for 2038
- Judge rules Texas man can be tried for childhood attack
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.