Former pastor convicted in death of 2nd wife
01/23/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Stroudsburg, PA – A former pastor who is awaiting trial for his first wife’s death has been convicted of killing his second wife. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Arthur “A.B.” Schirmer, 64, was convicted Tuesday of first degree-murder in a case in which a prosecutor alleged he attacked Betty Schirmer with a crowbar, inflicting fatal injuries on July 15, 2008.
Nate Novack, Betty Schirmer’s son, is quoted by the AP as thanking prosecutors for “bringing my mom’s killer to justice” following the guilty verdict and stating, “Today, she can finally rest in peace.”
Schirmer has also been charged in the 1999 death of Jewel Schirmer, to whom he was married for over 30 years, and is awaiting trial for that case.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Pennsylvania legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Actor admits to inappropriate conduct with minors
- Texas meteorologist shot in parking lot of news station
- Body of missing pregnant woman found in car
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children