Former pastor convicted in death of 2nd wife
01/23/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Stroudsburg, PA – A former pastor who is awaiting trial for his first wife’s death has been convicted of killing his second wife. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Arthur “A.B.” Schirmer, 64, was convicted Tuesday of first degree-murder in a case in which a prosecutor alleged he attacked Betty Schirmer with a crowbar, inflicting fatal injuries on July 15, 2008.
Nate Novack, Betty Schirmer’s son, is quoted by the AP as thanking prosecutors for “bringing my mom’s killer to justice” following the guilty verdict and stating, “Today, she can finally rest in peace.”
Schirmer has also been charged in the 1999 death of Jewel Schirmer, to whom he was married for over 30 years, and is awaiting trial for that case.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Pennsylvania legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Atheist jailed for parole violation wins settlement over religious objections
- City of Houston demands sermons from pastors
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results
- Charges filed against man in overdose of 9-year-old
- Phaedra Parks opens up about divorce, addresses rumors
- Marshawn Lynch accuser charged with making a false statement
- Human remains found on property of missing woman’s daughter