Man, 70, weds 15-year-old teen
01/08/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Saudi Arabia – A 70-year-old man has married a 15-year-old after the teen’s parents reportedly sold her to him for $20,000. As reported by CNN, human rights workers investigating the case confirmed Tuesday that the marriage had taken place in Saudi Arabia.
The Asir branch of the Human Rights Commission is reportedly planning to offer the girl assistance, including legal support, to the extent that it can be provided. The case was brought to the organization’s attention after the man, whose name was not revealed in the report, complained that the girl had returned to her family.
Dr. Suhaila Zein al-Abedin, a member of the Saudi National Association for Human Rights, is quoted in the report as stating of the case, “When you consider the very large difference in age, it looks more like this was not a marriage, but like the girl was sold… The girl’s parents need to be held responsible for this.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment
- Target in Pennsylvania school stabbing rampage unknown
- Ethics complaint filed by outdoors enthusiasts over bill changes