Man, 70, weds 15-year-old teen
01/08/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Saudi Arabia – A 70-year-old man has married a 15-year-old after the teen’s parents reportedly sold her to him for $20,000. As reported by CNN, human rights workers investigating the case confirmed Tuesday that the marriage had taken place in Saudi Arabia.
The Asir branch of the Human Rights Commission is reportedly planning to offer the girl assistance, including legal support, to the extent that it can be provided. The case was brought to the organization’s attention after the man, whose name was not revealed in the report, complained that the girl had returned to her family.
Dr. Suhaila Zein al-Abedin, a member of the Saudi National Association for Human Rights, is quoted in the report as stating of the case, “When you consider the very large difference in age, it looks more like this was not a marriage, but like the girl was sold… The girl’s parents need to be held responsible for this.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’