Casey Anthony appeals convictions for lying
01/08/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – Attorneys for Casey Anthony are seeking to have four convictions for accusations that Anthony lied to authorities overturned. As reported by Good Morning America, a judges’ panel heard arguments Tuesday in connection with Anthony’s appeal, in which she was accused of providing false information to law enforcement while giving early statements to detectives about the disappearance of her child.
Anthony was acquitted in 2011 for the murder of two-year-old Caylee Anthony, who was reported missing in 2008. Anthony initially told authorities the child had been kidnapped by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez, whom she claimed had been the toddler’s nanny. The statements were determined to be false.
The Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach, Florida has been asked to make a determination regarding whether Anthony was in police custody when the statements in question were made. If it is determined that she was, the statements could be deemed inadmissible.
A ruling has not yet been made by the court.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams
- Ann Curry to part with NBC News
- Ellen DeGeneres responds to ‘Christian Post’ anti-gay article
- Tim Tebow helps sponsor proms for those with special needs