Casey Anthony appeals convictions for lying
01/08/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – Attorneys for Casey Anthony are seeking to have four convictions for accusations that Anthony lied to authorities overturned. As reported by Good Morning America, a judges’ panel heard arguments Tuesday in connection with Anthony’s appeal, in which she was accused of providing false information to law enforcement while giving early statements to detectives about the disappearance of her child.
Anthony was acquitted in 2011 for the murder of two-year-old Caylee Anthony, who was reported missing in 2008. Anthony initially told authorities the child had been kidnapped by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez, whom she claimed had been the toddler’s nanny. The statements were determined to be false.
The Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach, Florida has been asked to make a determination regarding whether Anthony was in police custody when the statements in question were made. If it is determined that she was, the statements could be deemed inadmissible.
A ruling has not yet been made by the court.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Ryan O’Neal says Farrah Fawcett Warhol portrait belongs to him
- Chicago pension crisis a growing concern
- Obama attends Mandela memorial in South Africa
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt admit to blowing through millions
- French breast implant maker receives jail sentence
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend seeks to have domestic violence charges dropped
- Lamar Odom gets probation in DUI plea deal
- Johnson & Johnson officials accused of destroying vaginal mesh files
- Snapchat files for restraining order over information disclosure
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say