Worker fired after taking leave to care for dying wife
01/07/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Lawrence, Massachusetts – A Department of Public Works worker was fired after taking time off to care for his dying wife. As reported WHDH, Tom Sapienza was fired after taking unpaid leave to care for his wife prior to her dying of brain cancer on Jan. 3.
Michael Sweeney, former elected official, city of Lawrence is quoted in the report as stating of the matter, “Heather couldn’t even have the peace during the last 30 days of her life knowing that her husband could have a job to go back to.”
An attorney is now reportedly prepared to file a reverse discrimination lawsuit on Sapienza’s behalf with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination. Attorney, Ellen Shimer-Brenes is quoted in the report as stating of the case, “We firmly believe that if Tom Sapienza was Hispanic and not white that he will have a job to come back to with the city of Lawrence.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Massachusetts legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns