Teen arrested in school attack plot
01/07/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Alabama – A teen has been arrested in an alleged plot to attack students at his high school using homemade explosives. As reported by Good Morning America, the teen, Derek Shrout, 17, was set to be arraigned on Monday after being arrested last week following the discovery of a journal outlining the planned attack by a Russell County High School teacher.
Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor is quoted in the report as stating of the jouranl, “The journal contained several plans that looked like potential terrorist attacks and attacks of violence and danger on the school.”
Students reportedly listed as targets of the planned attack include six African American individuals and a white male Shrout purportedly thought to be gay, which may indicate a hate crime.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Alabama legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Former wrestler dies in apparent suicide reports say
- George Zimmerman accused of threatening to kill driver
- Dismissal of Florida smoker lawsuits against tobacco companies upheld by court
- Wyoming workplace deaths decline, study shows
- Remains of missing Tennessee woman identified
- Kris Jenner increases security after receiving death threats?
- Google announces acquisition of Lift Labs
- Jury award reduced by half in police car crash case
- Man arrested after allegedly stalking Bristol Palin
- Trump Taj Mahal could close amid bankruptcy filing