Teen arrested in school attack plot
01/07/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Alabama – A teen has been arrested in an alleged plot to attack students at his high school using homemade explosives. As reported by Good Morning America, the teen, Derek Shrout, 17, was set to be arraigned on Monday after being arrested last week following the discovery of a journal outlining the planned attack by a Russell County High School teacher.
Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor is quoted in the report as stating of the jouranl, “The journal contained several plans that looked like potential terrorist attacks and attacks of violence and danger on the school.”
Students reportedly listed as targets of the planned attack include six African American individuals and a white male Shrout purportedly thought to be gay, which may indicate a hate crime.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Alabama legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle
- Sharon Osbourne writes open letter to estranged brother on Facebook
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on Florida medical marijuana measure
- Teens arrested months after fatal car crash for allowing friend to drive drunk
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’