Teen arrested in school attack plot
01/07/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Alabama – A teen has been arrested in an alleged plot to attack students at his high school using homemade explosives. As reported by Good Morning America, the teen, Derek Shrout, 17, was set to be arraigned on Monday after being arrested last week following the discovery of a journal outlining the planned attack by a Russell County High School teacher.
Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor is quoted in the report as stating of the jouranl, “The journal contained several plans that looked like potential terrorist attacks and attacks of violence and danger on the school.”
Students reportedly listed as targets of the planned attack include six African American individuals and a white male Shrout purportedly thought to be gay, which may indicate a hate crime.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Alabama legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Attorneys for restaurant say former mayor should disclose medical details
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate
- Casey Kasem’s daughter seeks autopsy in father’s death
- Gay marriage ban void upheld by federal court
- Yellowstone sites closed after hot spot melts road
- Judge allows tenant additional time at ‘Real Housewives’ couples’ home
- Gay marriage approved by judge in Florida Keys
- Meningitis victims questioned in FBI probe
- Approval given to hire 100 workers for Georgia child safety case investigations