Teen arrested in school attack plot
01/07/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Alabama – A teen has been arrested in an alleged plot to attack students at his high school using homemade explosives. As reported by Good Morning America, the teen, Derek Shrout, 17, was set to be arraigned on Monday after being arrested last week following the discovery of a journal outlining the planned attack by a Russell County High School teacher.
Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor is quoted in the report as stating of the jouranl, “The journal contained several plans that looked like potential terrorist attacks and attacks of violence and danger on the school.”
Students reportedly listed as targets of the planned attack include six African American individuals and a white male Shrout purportedly thought to be gay, which may indicate a hate crime.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Alabama legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Minnesota man on trial for teens’ deaths linked to break in
- Mother pleads guilty after drug overdose in McDonald’s play area
- Complaints over Michelle Obama graduation speech
- Woman sues over being denied ‘8THEIST’ license plate
- AMR effort to terminate retiree benefits blocked
- Crying child suffocated over video game
- Massachusetts teacher not punished for thrown chair
- Wyoming student jumps to death after eating marijuana cookie
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot