Teen arrested in school attack plot
01/07/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Alabama – A teen has been arrested in an alleged plot to attack students at his high school using homemade explosives. As reported by Good Morning America, the teen, Derek Shrout, 17, was set to be arraigned on Monday after being arrested last week following the discovery of a journal outlining the planned attack by a Russell County High School teacher.
Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor is quoted in the report as stating of the jouranl, “The journal contained several plans that looked like potential terrorist attacks and attacks of violence and danger on the school.”
Students reportedly listed as targets of the planned attack include six African American individuals and a white male Shrout purportedly thought to be gay, which may indicate a hate crime.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Alabama legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Poll suggests Florida voters support legalizing medical marijuana
- Jesse Ventura awarded $1.8 million in defamation lawsuit
- Manufacturer agrees to nearly $800 million preliminary fund for asbestos victims
- Company sues ‘Duck Dynasty’ over trademarked phrase
- NCAA agrees to $70 million settlement fund in head injury case
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash