Kansas sperm donor asked to pay child support
01/02/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Topeka, Kansas – A Kansas sperm donor is fighting the state’s demand that he pay child support for a child conceived through his donation. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the state sought support from William Marotta, 46 of Topeka after a lesbian couple who conceived a child through artificial insemination filed for state assistance. The couple, who split in 2010, continue to co-parent the now 3-year-old, along with their other children.
Angela de Rocha, a spokeswoman for the Kansas Department for Children and Families, is quoted by the AP as saying of such matters in a statement, “Speaking generally, all individuals who apply for taxpayer-funded benefits through DCF are asked to cooperate with child support enforcement efforts.”
“If a sperm donor makes his contribution through a licensed physician and a child is conceived, the donor is held harmless under state statue. In cases where the parties do not go through a physician or a clinic, there remains the question of who actually is the father of a child or children” she is further quoted as writing.
Marotta is quoted as saying of the matter, “I’ve already paid more than 10 percent of my yearly salary, and I don’t know many folks who are willing to give up more than 10 percent of their yearly income.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Kansas family law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’