Toyota reaches settlement in sudden acceleration case
12/27/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Japan – Toyota Motor Corp has reportedly reached a settlement with plaintiffs in a case involving claims that some of the company’s vehicles were prone to sudden acceleration. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the settlement announced on Wednesday, was for over approximately $1 billion.
Included in the settlement terms are the establishment of a fund for former Toyota owners who sold their vehicles during a specified time period, the installation of a brake-override system in approximately 3.25 million vehicles, and allocated sums for education grants for auto safety and driver education studies at independent academic institutions.
These and other provisions of the settlement must receive a federal judge’s approval.
Details about the settlement have reportedly been made available at http://www.hbsslaw.com/toyota, http://www.ToyotaELsettlement.com, or by calling 1-877-283-0507.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash