Toyota reaches settlement in sudden acceleration case
12/27/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Japan – Toyota Motor Corp has reportedly reached a settlement with plaintiffs in a case involving claims that some of the company’s vehicles were prone to sudden acceleration. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the settlement announced on Wednesday, was for over approximately $1 billion.
Included in the settlement terms are the establishment of a fund for former Toyota owners who sold their vehicles during a specified time period, the installation of a brake-override system in approximately 3.25 million vehicles, and allocated sums for education grants for auto safety and driver education studies at independent academic institutions.
These and other provisions of the settlement must receive a federal judge’s approval.
Details about the settlement have reportedly been made available at http://www.hbsslaw.com/toyota, http://www.ToyotaELsettlement.com, or by calling 1-877-283-0507.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dean McDermott claims relationship with Spelling improving
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before