Couple ordered to return adopted child to biological father
12/18/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Utah – A couple has been ordered to return their adopted daughter to her biological father. As reported ABC News, Utah couple Jared and Kristi Frei were ordered to return the 21-month-old child to her father, U.S. Army drill instructor Terry Achane, after the toddler’s mother purportedly gave her up without his knowledge or permission.
An attorney for the couple state they are planning to appeal the judge’s ruling, and is quoted by the news source as saying, “They believe the district court made some fundamental errors in its decision and they will raise those with the appropriate appellate court. Yes, they will appeal.”
Achane was stationed in South Carolina when the adoption occurred, and learned of his daughter’s birth and adoption weeks after she was born, according to his attorney.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Utah child custody news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Poll suggests Florida voters support legalizing medical marijuana
- Jesse Ventura awarded $1.8 million in defamation lawsuit
- Manufacturer agrees to nearly $800 million preliminary fund for asbestos victims
- Company sues ‘Duck Dynasty’ over trademarked phrase
- NCAA agrees to $70 million settlement fund in head injury case
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash