Couple ordered to return adopted child to biological father
12/18/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Utah – A couple has been ordered to return their adopted daughter to her biological father. As reported ABC News, Utah couple Jared and Kristi Frei were ordered to return the 21-month-old child to her father, U.S. Army drill instructor Terry Achane, after the toddler’s mother purportedly gave her up without his knowledge or permission.
An attorney for the couple state they are planning to appeal the judge’s ruling, and is quoted by the news source as saying, “They believe the district court made some fundamental errors in its decision and they will raise those with the appropriate appellate court. Yes, they will appeal.”
Achane was stationed in South Carolina when the adoption occurred, and learned of his daughter’s birth and adoption weeks after she was born, according to his attorney.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Utah child custody news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination
- Holly Madison details emotional struggle while at Playboy mansion in memoir
- Lara Spencer to divorce husband after 15 years
- Florida counties seek to raise awareness about Craigslist crimes
- ‘One Direction’ member quits tour amid scandal