Chicago lawmaker arrested after trying to board plane with gun
12/06/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – Chicago lawmaker, Democratic member of the Illinois Senate Donne Trotter, was arrested for reportedly attempting to board a plane carrying a gun in his bag. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Trotter was charged with “attempt to board an aircraft with a weapon,” which is a Class 4 felony, after an unloaded handgun and bullets were found in a carry-on bag.
Trotter reportedly claimed the gun was used for his job as a security officer at a Chicago security and detective firm, and he was unaware that it was in the bag prior to the flight.
Trotter, who is married with four children, has been a member of the Illinois Senate since 1993.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’