Chicago lawmaker arrested after trying to board plane with gun
12/06/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – Chicago lawmaker, Democratic member of the Illinois Senate Donne Trotter, was arrested for reportedly attempting to board a plane carrying a gun in his bag. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Trotter was charged with “attempt to board an aircraft with a weapon,” which is a Class 4 felony, after an unloaded handgun and bullets were found in a carry-on bag.
Trotter reportedly claimed the gun was used for his job as a security officer at a Chicago security and detective firm, and he was unaware that it was in the bag prior to the flight.
Trotter, who is married with four children, has been a member of the Illinois Senate since 1993.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage