Chicago lawmaker arrested after trying to board plane with gun
12/06/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – Chicago lawmaker, Democratic member of the Illinois Senate Donne Trotter, was arrested for reportedly attempting to board a plane carrying a gun in his bag. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Trotter was charged with “attempt to board an aircraft with a weapon,” which is a Class 4 felony, after an unloaded handgun and bullets were found in a carry-on bag.
Trotter reportedly claimed the gun was used for his job as a security officer at a Chicago security and detective firm, and he was unaware that it was in the bag prior to the flight.
Trotter, who is married with four children, has been a member of the Illinois Senate since 1993.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate
- Casey Kasem’s daughter seeks autopsy in father’s death
- Gay marriage ban void upheld by federal court
- Yellowstone sites closed after hot spot melts road
- Judge allows tenant additional time at ‘Real Housewives’ couples’ home
- Gay marriage approved by judge in Florida Keys
- Meningitis victims questioned in FBI probe
- Approval given to hire 100 workers for Georgia child safety case investigations
- KKK uses candy filled goodie bags to recruit new members