Chicago lawmaker arrested after trying to board plane with gun
12/06/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – Chicago lawmaker, Democratic member of the Illinois Senate Donne Trotter, was arrested for reportedly attempting to board a plane carrying a gun in his bag. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Trotter was charged with “attempt to board an aircraft with a weapon,” which is a Class 4 felony, after an unloaded handgun and bullets were found in a carry-on bag.
Trotter reportedly claimed the gun was used for his job as a security officer at a Chicago security and detective firm, and he was unaware that it was in the bag prior to the flight.
Trotter, who is married with four children, has been a member of the Illinois Senate since 1993.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Suspect sought in alleged MH370 theft
- Four die in plane crash in Bahamas
- Judge refuses dismissal of lawsuits against cinema owner in Colorado shooting
- Settlements in Rail Runner case approach $8 million
- Lead counsel in GM ignition switch cases appointed by judge
- Sheriff’s deputy shoots teenage daughter believing she’s an intruder
- Man charged after video of him beating autistic teen goes viral
- Pope visits South Korea, meets with ferry disaster survivors
- Texas governor indicted by grand jury
- Ferguson teen killed in police shooting accused of being robbery suspect