Chicago lawmaker arrested after trying to board plane with gun
12/06/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Chicago – Chicago lawmaker, Democratic member of the Illinois Senate Donne Trotter, was arrested for reportedly attempting to board a plane carrying a gun in his bag. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Trotter was charged with “attempt to board an aircraft with a weapon,” which is a Class 4 felony, after an unloaded handgun and bullets were found in a carry-on bag.
Trotter reportedly claimed the gun was used for his job as a security officer at a Chicago security and detective firm, and he was unaware that it was in the bag prior to the flight.
Trotter, who is married with four children, has been a member of the Illinois Senate since 1993.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Chicago legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’
- Nigella Lawson testifies in fraud trial of former assistants
- Middle school principal accused of banning speaking Spanish
- New study suggests computer games may help older adults with walking
- Florida woman’s credit card stolen, charged $15,000 for stranger’s wedding
- High school students arrested waiting for school bus
- Vin Diesel among stars who pay visit to car crash site of late actor Walker