Commissioner Jones Announces 2nd Medical Malpractice Rate Reduction for NORCAL
12/01/2012 // Hartford, CT, USA // cttriallawyers // Neil Ferstand // (press release)
California’s elected Insurance Commissioner saves doctors $52 million in premiums after a 2011 review of six malpractice companies finds insurers were charging excessive rates.
In 2011 California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones ordered six California medical malpractice insurers to make rate filings in order to justify their current rates. After a thorough review by department actuaries rates were found to be excessive across the board and we’re ordered reduced by 7.1%. In addition NORCAL, one of the original 6 insurers, voluntarily reduced its rates another 6.9% in March of this year. Jones credited the 1988 Proposition 103 which authorizes the insurance Commissioner to reject excessive rate hikes for all types of property & casualty insurance including medical malpractice insurance.
Online Press Release Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 150 Trumbull Street, Hartford, Connecticut 06103
Phone: 860 522-4345
Other News / Press Releases
- Ron Bell Wants You to Know About Diabetes Risk and Lipitor
- Ron Bell is Concerned About Yaz Birth Control and Cardiac Risk
- Are You A Victim of Wage Theft Asks California wage and hour lawyer Eric Grover
- U.S. Customs May Be Ramping Up U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Verifications
- What do you do if you get in an accident? Ron Bell has your back.
- First Hispanic-American to receive the FBA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- EU Shrinks Tax on Made in U.S. Jeans
- What Every Potential Whistleblower Needs to Know: Building a Timeline
- NYC Dominos Settles Wage Theft Lawsuit for $1.3M
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce