Several injured in Texas parade float accident
11/16/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Midland, Texas – Four people were killed and several others were injured Thursday after a freight train crashed into a parade float in Midland. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the fatal accident left 17 people with injuries in addition to killing 4, after the float, which was carrying wounded veterans, made an attempt to get across a railroad crossing to get to a banquet.
Daniel Quinonez, who was in traffic during the occurrence is quoted by the AP as stating of witnessing the event, “It was a horrible accident to watch happen right in front of me. I just saw the people on the semi-truck’s trailer panic, and many started to jump off the trailer. But it was too late for many of them because the train impacted the trailer so fast.”
The parade was scheduled to end at an honorary banquet, with a weekend deer-hunting trip set to follow. The events were cancelled following the accident.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks