Several injured in Texas parade float accident
11/16/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Midland, Texas – Four people were killed and several others were injured Thursday after a freight train crashed into a parade float in Midland. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the fatal accident left 17 people with injuries in addition to killing 4, after the float, which was carrying wounded veterans, made an attempt to get across a railroad crossing to get to a banquet.
Daniel Quinonez, who was in traffic during the occurrence is quoted by the AP as stating of witnessing the event, “It was a horrible accident to watch happen right in front of me. I just saw the people on the semi-truck’s trailer panic, and many started to jump off the trailer. But it was too late for many of them because the train impacted the trailer so fast.”
The parade was scheduled to end at an honorary banquet, with a weekend deer-hunting trip set to follow. The events were cancelled following the accident.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams
- Ann Curry to part with NBC News
- Ellen DeGeneres responds to ‘Christian Post’ anti-gay article
- Tim Tebow helps sponsor proms for those with special needs
- Gwyneth Paltrow discusses Vanilla Ice movie offer